As a Tory voter, are you offended by being called 'Gammon face'?

....people can look back on your posts on here.......the clues are all there, how ever much you try to deflect!

Sure, check them out. They’re all available.

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 22:09 ----------

No, it's not. It is a derogatory, dehumanising label for a whole section of society.

It is used mainly against white working class males, so it is a product of class hatred and ageism.

It is a term used largely by the affluent middle-class to belittle and dismiss the cares and concerns of what they consider to be their social inferiors.

You’d go nice with egg and chips.

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 22:12 ----------

I think the original gammon was David Cameron, partly because he'd get red in the face when angry. Some of his back bench critics used to call him 'Hameron'. DC is neither old nor working class.

The original gammon was 180 years ago in Nicholas Nickleby by Dickens.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/05/turns-out-charles-dickens-invented-concept-gammon-1838

‘The meaning of that term — gammon,’ said Mr Gregsbury, ‘is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I AM proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.’

Excellent

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 22:13 ----------

Because they are sexually frustrated?

Now you’re just being pig headed

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/05/turns-out-charles-dickens-invented-concept-gammon-1838

‘The meaning of that term — gammon,’ said Mr Gregsbury, ‘is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I AM proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.’

Excellent

An insult with excellent pedigree....You can certainly tell the left are well read. Political insults from the right wing tend to be lifted from the Daily Mail :P (well the ones used on here, anyway)

Edited by Mister M

Excellent

Oh the irony

A large chunk of the common gammon face population spend their time banging on political correctness going mad, how free speech doesn't exist and calling (mainly young) people who disagree them snowflakes, I'd not just call them gammon faced but have it put on their drivers licence and/or passport.

:hihi::hihi: Brilliant. I think I'll start including it on the Diversity Monitoring form at work.

I have been accused many times of being a Tory voter by some of the forum’s far left hookers, just because I refuse to fall to my knees at the vey mention of their second coming. However I’m not annoyed on the basis of it being far better to be hated by fools than liked by them. ;)

I have been accused many times of being a Tory voter by some of the forum’s far left hookers, just because I refuse to fall to my knees at the vey mention of their second coming. However I’m not annoyed on the basis of it being far better to be hated by fools than liked by them. ;)
.......took the very words right out of my mouth!:)

Plenty of salty gammon faces on the left if you mention Thatcher.

Haha, yes.

This is a point a lot of people are missing. You can apply it to anybody, left or right. It doesn’t matter.

It’s a commentary on something we are seeing that is quite new I think, and that is the way that middle aged people put themselves out there on TV or social media and become incandescent with rage.

Unfiltered, undignified and often incoherent rage in front of millions.

Gammons