As a Tory voter, are you offended by being called 'Gammon face'?

Haha, yes.

This is a point a lot of people are missing. You can apply it to anybody, left or right. It doesn’t matter.

It’s a commentary on something we are seeing that is quite new I think, and that is the way that middle aged people put themselves out there on TV or social media and become incandescent with rage.

Unfiltered, undignified and often incoherent rage in front of millions.

Gammons

.........what channel number is it on? I can't seem to find it........or are you just making it up again?

An insult with excellent pedigree....You can certainly tell the left are well read. Political insults from the right wing tend to be lifted from the Daily Mail :P (well the ones used on here, anyway)

:hihi:

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 10:25 ----------

Isn't the stereotyping of someone based purely on their skin colour a bad thing? Or is it okay when you don't like the target of the slur?

i thought it was to do with the look and texture of gammon rather than colour ? :suspect::huh:

An insult with excellent pedigree....You can certainly tell the left are well read. Political insults from the right wing tend to be lifted from the Daily Mail :P (well the ones used on here, anyway)

Whilst the left wing stick to the Beano as their definition of being ‘well read’. :hihi:

This is a point a lot of people are missing. You can apply it to anybody, left or right. It doesn’t matter.

If it can be applied to anybody, does that mean that it can also be applied to Black and Minority Ethnic people?

Or is it a racist insult aimed only at white people?

So it is a racial slur after all?

I don't think so, it's unlikely that someone of African heritage is likely to be able to achieve that red faced look of rage though. They can certainly display the same behaviour and emotion, but they won't go red...

I read an article discussing whether it was a racial epithet or not, and my conclusion was not. It just so happens that it applies mostly to white men in this country. But then since it's a insult aimed at primarily member of the right wing patriarchy, elderly white men would be over represented in that group...

Are you suffering from selective naivety?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-44108080

'Perhaps surprisingly, "gammon" has become a popular term on social media to describe the rosy complexion of outraged middle-aged people in the UK.'

really its todo with the grumpyness and anger tho NOT the colour