As a Tory voter, are you offended by being called 'Gammon face'?

Well I'd hope they've been denied service for being angry.

It's not racist though, I wonder why people are so quick to try and define it as racist???

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 16:29 ----------

Not *just* skin colour:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gammon

The term 'gammon' is linked to the unhealthy pink skin tone of such stout yeomen, probably because of high blood pressure caused by decades of 'PC gone mad', being defeated in arguments about the non-existent merits of Brexit and women getting the vote.

While amusing I think it's more accurate to say

High Blood pressure caused by decades of comfortable living and over-indulgence.

The Gammon-face people would appear to come from a well-healed, middle-class backround, yet scream on about how the EU is dragging this country down and the importance of going it alone.

You would have though that if the already live the good life they'd be more interested in maintaining the status-quo.

Edited by geared

really its todo with the grumpyness and anger tho NOT the colour

I didn't realise one of the defining characteristics of gammon meat was its temperament. Obviously explains why I'd use it as a slur to describe an angry white man and not an angry black man.

:rolleyes:

I didn't realise one of the defining characteristics of gammon meat was its temperament. Obviously explains why I'd use it as a slur to describe an angry white man and not an angry black man.

:rolleyes:

If you don’t look after gammon it’s angry meat loaded with worm larvae and parasites.

Always cook gammons properly.

It's everything to do with colour and appearance.

'Gammon' is a negative stereotype based on appearance, and specifically linked to skin colour. It is, in fact, about demonising a particular group of people.

Those who use 'gammon' to describe a particular group obviously believe that it is perfectly acceptable to use negative stereotypes based on people’s appearance (and particularly skin colour). These people are racists.

Bit touchy aren't you? Do you want some pineapple?

QT practically every week

Thursdays, 10:35pm

That's why I had not spotted it!..........crushingly boring "us and them" fourpenorth program, designed to wind people up like you and others.I gave up watching the same old formula long ago!

That's why I had not spotted it!..........crushingly boring "us and them" fourpenorth program, designed to wind people up like you and others.I gave up watching the same old formula long ago!

It doesn’t wind me up.

I see it as s kind of knockabout dystopian comedy, which makes it even sweeter to see gammons being activated by the events.

My party is rarely ever on it anyway.

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 21:49 ----------

Kinder, gentler politics.

More tender, honey roast

It doesn’t wind me up.

I see it as s kind of knockabout dystopian comedy, which makes it even sweeter to see gammons being activated by the events.

My party is rarely ever on it anyway.

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 21:49 ----------

More tender, honey roast

You really aren't doing yourself any favours on this thread.

So much anger :(