1970s bands worth a revisit

choogling

The seventies produced so many great bands that are still around today, we were spoilt for choice, now with the advent of the internet most of the music produced then can still be heard today.

Crosby Stills, Nash and Young and especially the Deja Vu album. Great harmonies.

America, noted for the single "A Horse With No Name."

Lone Star, prog rock. Went to see them in Barnsley but they never turned up! :rant:

Camel, more prog rock.

And because of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44223523

I Have to include Hawkwind and this: :D

This thread has made me spend a lot on a new belt (coming tomorrow) for my genuine Sugden turntable made in Brighouse Yorkshire. Soon I can sample the above on vinyl again, so thanks for that..:)

Crosby Stills, Nash and Young and especially the Deja Vu album. Great harmonies.

America, noted for the single "A Horse With No Name."

Lone Star, prog rock. Went to see them in Barnsley but they never turned up! :rant:

Camel, more prog rock.

And because of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44223523

I Have to include Hawkwind and this: :D

This thread has made me spend a lot on a new belt (coming tomorrow) for my genuine Sugden turntable made in Brighouse Yorkshire. Soon I can sample the above on vinyl again, so thanks for that..:)

add some Wharfedale speakers and a laney amp for an all Yorkshire system.

The seventies produced so many great bands that are still around today, we were spoilt for choice, now with the advent of the internet most of the music produced then can still be heard today.

Have a listen to Johnny Walker on Radio 2 on Sunday afternoons.

Well, just a shout out to 2 of my favourite 70's, bands Eagles, still at it, and Bachman Turner Overdrive(Canadians).

top band the guess who turned into bto.

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 19:56 ----------

The majority of my music collection is 70's rock so I revisit that era most days. This week i've listened to ELP, Mott The Hoople and Sparks. I'm taking some Hawkwind and Eno to play at work this afternoon.

do you work in a record shop or something?

add some Wharfedale speakers and a laney amp for an all Yorkshire system.

Already got Some Wharfedales but one problem has just materialised that I had never though about.. I now need a RIAA phono amp, so have just set about designing a PCB for one..:)

How about revisiting Supertramp as well.