Route: 1 lap

Setting: Park

Profile: Flat/Undulating

Traffic free? Yes

Last year's entry: 250

Water stations: Every 5km

Distance markers: Every Km

Awards/mementos: Medal, Certificate

Organiser's notes: This is a Sponsored event to raise funds for our work in the South Yorkshire area. The Entry fee covers the cost of staging the event only.

Affiliation: None

Cheques payable to: BHF

On-the-day entry: Yes

Entries in advance: Yes

Postal closing date: Saturday 10 June 2006

Limit: 750 competitors

Event website: http://www.bhf.org.uk/sponsorship

Entry form(s): Available from race website and by post

Entries in advance £6.00 affiliated £6.00 unaffiliated

Entries on the day £10.00 affiliated £10.00 unaffiliated

Contact: Jessica Storer, Regional Events Organiser, British Heart Foundation

Address: Oak House B, Ransomwood Business Park

Southwell Road West

Mansfield

Nottinghamshire

NG21 0HJ

Day telephone: 07714 069 127

Mobile: 07714 069 127

Email: storerj@bhf.org.uk

Also, a review of last year's race from the site. Be warned, it sounds like the race takes in some of the park's biggest hills :)

A very enjoyable day, which was made by the weather, although it was perhaps a bit hot to be posting very quick times. I had heard about the 'slight undulations' so was prepared for a hard going 5k and wasn't disappointed. There were 2 or 3 particularly gruelling hills in the first 2k, which allied with the heat sapped a lot of energy.

The organisation had the feel of a village fair about it, which added something for me. And seeing as there were only 200-250 runners it didn't really warrant much more than that.

My only gripe was that the park was open to the public, which was nice to some extent as the was support all the way round. However, it was a pain in the proverbial that a junior football team had set there pitch up across the white line directing the course, which meant running around the pitch adding extra metres at a time you really could've done without it!!!

Overall this was great low key event ideal for beginner's with a great fun atmosphere. I would definitely run it again next year.

Archived