World Cup 2018 thread

Job done but not very uninspiring. 6 out of 10 England.

Despite what the Beeb's commentator said, I don't think we did underestimate the Tunisians, we just had nobody with the skill & pace (or confidence) to run directly at their defensive midfielders. Think we'd be better starting with Kane & Rushford up front.

Definitely denied a penalty though when Kane was dragged down.

Edited by Baron99
Grammar

Uninspiring, no deft touches, no flicks, no magic at all.. we have not got any world class players, wait till we meet the big boys, if we get that far.

I thought Trippier's first time balls in the first half were very good but for some reason he stopped doing them for most of the second half.

Set pieces are their strength.

Lots of huge men.......Stones,McGuire,Kane,Loftus Cheek.

Can you win a WC on set pieces?

Thought McGuire played well going forward in the second half,Loftus Cheek too.

Kane has excellent vision and a quality final pass. Need to get him much more involved in the build up play.

A bit more luck and better finishing and they will not be far away.

And swap Young for Delph at left wing back

Edited by MAC33

Same old England, not impressed.

I think the Tunisians played a good defensive game without parking the bus in the penalty area, they deserve a lot of credit for frustrating England to bits, even though the ref showed a lot of bias towards Tunisia. I do agree though England did not impress at all, they will be severely tested by Belgium, and god knows how they will handle the better teams in the KO rounds.

I think the Tunisians played a good defensive game without parking the bus in the penalty area, they deserve a lot of credit for frustrating England to bits, even though the ref showed a lot of bias towards Tunisia. I do agree though England did not impress at all, they will be severely tested by Belgium, and god knows how they will handle the better teams in the KO rounds.

England beat Panama, Belgium beat Tunisia.. then England v Belgium will be nothing more than a friendly.

Very patchy, but a win is a win, and we showed sufficient guts and patience to grab a winner where other big beasts in this tournament have failed to do so.

Lingard was good first half, rashford really needs to start the next match - it's just not happening for sterling. Ali I thought was a bit quiet.

England beat Panama, Belgium beat Tunisia.. then England v Belgium will be nothing more than a friendly.

It is normally better to finish on top of your group than second as you generally face a lesser opponent in the knockout rounds. However that is not always the case as some teams just do enough to qualify, then turn it up a notch, a good example of that is Italy in previous WCs.