World Cup 2018 thread

I hate France. They're not a sporty nation and they shouldn't be that good at soccer at all ; they've never really even had a proper league. But look at them.

I think you'll find more people in France participate in sport than in England.

Facilities in France are far superior to England - many villages of around a thousand people will have a flat, good quality turfed football pitch (or rugby pitch depending on region - and in some cases both), complete with floodlights, full time groundstaff etc. And a fair chance they'll also have gym for basketball, handball & badminton teams. Oh, and tennis courts. They tend to have quite a number of cycle races as well.

Felt a bit sorry for Denmark as I have a soft spot for their fans when they were based in Sheffield in 96, they all used to congregate in Orchard square and do a dying fly type dance everytime the clock thing chimed. They also nearly drank Sheffield dry without showing one iota of aggression or bad behaviour.

Mind you Croatia were also based in Sheffield at the same time, and I have them in the sweepstake, so I'm fine.

sooooo youd think

Brazil

Belgium

Sweden

England

into the next round too? i know it doesnt always work like that

This is hard, if not impossible to predict. All four teams have good attack but defense is inconsistent.