World Cup 2018 thread

Super Mario did it!!! :D

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 21:23 ----------

Sure, it's coming home.

Nah, we aren't aggressive or cheating (acting etc) enough; qualities which seemingly count for more than skill in football.

Nah, we aren't aggressive or cheating (acting etc) enough; qualities which seemingly count for more than skill in football.

That isn't why. Croatia were better and England were a bit bobbins if truth be told, especially in the second half. If they want to beat teams as good as Croatia they need better midfield play, not hoofing it forward and hoping for the best.

England got arguably the easiest draw ever to get to the semi final - this should not be forgotten.

Not convinced this England team is any better than the most recent teams.

MuGuire is a big find though.

On another note - the break away in the second period of extra time by Croatia when the player shot from the the edge of the area and missed......

Well,had he passed the ball square there was an unmarked player for a tap in!!

Seriously,that had to be seen to be believed. Watch it again!

I don't know where the Croats got the energy from in extra time. They were the better side, well played.

Agreed...

The England lads should come home feeling proud... well done England.

Maybe next time.

England got arguably the easiest draw ever to get to the semi final - this should not be forgotten.

Not convinced this England team is any better than the most recent teams.

MuGuire is a big find though.

On another note - the break away in the second period of extra time by Croatia when the player shot from the the edge of the area and missed......

Well,had he passed the ball square there was an unmarked player for a tap in!!

Seriously,that had to be seen to be believed. Watch it again!

What an easy draw like Sweden who beat France and Holland in qualifying, beat Italy in the play offs and were narrowly beaten by Germany in the group stages? We made it look easy.

It's a better TEAM. Players knew their roles, which I wasn't expecting but some fresh faces did well. Stones isn't a Ferdinand or Campbell and alli and lingard aren't gerrard and lampard.

Is it a missed opportunity? To an extent yes.

8THANK YOU CROATIA!

England can now stop singing 'Its Coming Home'...

I hope no ambulances or taxis are nearby...frustrated fans will want to vent their anger.

8THANK YOU CROATIA!

England can now stop singing 'Its Coming Home'...

I hope no ambulances or taxis are nearby...frustrated fans will want to vent their anger.

Orwell wrote about people like you, I am no super patriot, but that is just unpleasant.

I said that at best, England would be quarter-finalists.

Yet the youngest side in the tournament, end up as semi-finalist, playing against a side of experienced Croatians, many of whom play for the top sides in Europe, yet the likes of Sheffield born, Leicester playing Maguire, can still hold his head high. As pointed out in the commentary, Luka Modric has won more senior football medals than the 11 England players on the pitch at the time.

However another statistic that popped up; shots on goal, England 1, Croatia 7. We should have had the game wrapped up before halftime. At least 2 good chances that at this level have to be taken.

For once an England team can come home from a tournament, (regardless of the stupid 3rd play playoff spot), with their heads held high.