Pigeon shooting

Greno Woods must beware once again . . .This time and recently (including today) there is someone wandering about with (probably a high powered and silenced) air rifle . . . Straight thro a perhing pigeon front to back ... Be on your guard for any weird ( and not so weird ) behaviour as it could be you or yours next . . .

Greno Woods must beware once again . . .This time and recently (including today) there is someone wandering about with (probably a high powered and silenced) air rifle . . . Straight thro a perhing pigeon front to back ... Be on your guard for any weird ( and not so weird ) behaviour as it could be you or yours next . . .

May not be a rifle. I have a high powered pistol that would easily go through a pigeon without stopping.

Many years ago I was walking the dog in Grenoside woods and found four .30-06 cartridges at the foot of a tree about 50 yards from the gravel road that goes through Wharncliffe Chase, not sure what they were shooting with such a big rifle calibre, although I suspect it was deer.