Hire Car or rich fool?

I wonder if the very late night/early morning crash down near the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet at the weekend was for a similar reason? :confused:

Ramadan only just started, so it's unlikely these crashes are from people celebrating the end already.

Wow. :o When it's a brown face involved why not add 2+2 and come up with whatever number you like eh?

What similar reason would that be? End of Ramadan? No because it's just about begun, so save your stereo-types and misconceptions for another day especially when a family has lost a loved one at a very young age :rant:

Wow, talking about jumping on a post. Was only asking a question, geez.

Although in the case of the Abbeydale one, you dont end up in a pond like that if you are pootling along at the speed limit.

Interesting that apparently both drivers initially ran off. The Porsche driver apparently returned to the scene some time later but, as of 13:45 21 May, police were still looking for the Ferrari driver. Why do you run away unless there is fault to be apportioned and / or one hopes to get alcohol / drugs out of their system?

It would appear extremely lucky that no serious injuries occurred and no other innocent vehicles were involved but I would like to bet excessive speed from these powerful cars by drivers without the ability to handle the power plus drugs and/or alcohol are to blame. Get these idiots off the road, permanently!

Interesting that apparently both drivers initially ran off. The Porsche driver apparently returned to the scene some time later but, as of 13:45 21 May, police were still looking for the Ferrari driver. Why do you run away unless there is fault to be apportioned and / or one hopes to get alcohol / drugs out of their system?

It would appear extremely lucky that no serious injuries occurred and no other innocent vehicles were involved but I would like to bet excessive speed from these powerful cars by drivers without the ability to handle the power plus drugs and/or alcohol are to blame. Get these idiots off the road, permanently!

I did read earlier that they were hire cars but that seems to have now changed. From the pictures it looks like its at the end of the lower level of the viaduct, an excellent "tunnel" to hear them roar. Footing it too fast make the roundabout whilst racing????

Never been able to understand why the manufactures are allowed to make cars that can do well over 100mph, the national speed limit is 70mph.

Because to travel and accelerate comfortably to 70mph you need a car that is capable, if perhaps unwise, of travelling much faster.

Also the speed limit isn't the same in other parts of the world for example... so a little more headroom is a useful thing. Driving at 70 on some autobahns can be dangerously slow.... 100mph is often a usual cruising speed....

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 15:21 ----------

I did read earlier that they were hire cars but that seems to have now changed. From the pictures it looks like its at the end of the lower level of the viaduct, an excellent "tunnel" to hear them roar. Footing it too fast make the roundabout whilst racing????

Or someone blipped the throttle for a nice roar and made a mistake with the clutch...

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 15:22 ----------

Or perhaps chasing the guy who just crashed into you...

I suppose it depends how quickly the other guy came back to the crash scene.

Because to travel and accelerate comfortably to 70mph you need a car that is capable, if perhaps unwise, of travelling much faster.

Also the speed limit isn't the same in other parts of the world for example... so a little more headroom is a useful thing. Driving at 70 on some autobahns can be dangerously slow.... 100mph is often a usual cruising speed....

Or someone blipped the throttle for a nice roar and made a mistake with the clutch...

Really! I lived in Germany for 10 years and never viewed people driving at 70mph in an unrestricted zone dangerous.

I think police were still on scene when Porsche driver returned. Believe Ferrari driver still being sought.

With all that power, you must be competent and mature enough to know how to handle all the power. However you do not need anywhere near the power available with either of these two cars to reach 70mph, or more.

It is not so much the power of the engine, it is more about the nut holding the steering wheel :roll:

I notice there is another crash involving a Porsche (and a Passat this time) on Penistone Road this afternoon.