Higher taxes for owners of hybrid cars

My mate’s stepdaughter and her husband have an eco friendly home that costs them zero in none water utility bills, they actually get paid for the surplus that they produce, how much should they be taxed for their avoidance tactics? :hihi:

Totally varies depending on the trip, driver and all sorts.

Take the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV as an example, Mitsubishi claim 156 MPG.

Owners report:

All-electric range: 20-25 Miles

Petrol only MPG: 30-35 MPG (A-roads and Motorway)

The OP is just plain wrong, in fact very wrong.

Had a Mitzi Outlander PHEV for three years, in fact we are swapping it this Friday. Here is the plain truth without any frills.

On electric we have never ever got near the 30 miles per charge it is supposed to do. As geared says above, lower 20 miles is the real world figure.

As the car has large electric motors, and masses of batteries I assume this is the reason it has a smallish petrol tank, 9 gallons, no room for a larger tank?.

On petrol, 30 ish is achievable. When towing our medium sized caravan it falls to 17 mpg.

Taking into account the price of electricity to charge the battery, some times twice a day, we have concluded the Diesel Outlander would have been cheaper to run.

The Outlander is a great vehicle in every way, but until battery technology improves DRASTICALLY, it's the diesel variant I would have before its electric brother every time.

Angel1

When society is on its knees surely everyone had to pay their way?

Including people who drive hybrid cars?

Wait till brexit is implemented, this country will be a world beater again.

The british empire will be back with a vengeance, once again we will be GREAT BRITAIN.

When society is on its knees surely everyone had to pay their way?

Including people who drive hybrid cars?

You pay what is required by law. I have no obligation to pay a penny more.

As for hybrid drivers. Why should they pay more for using less resource and improving air quality?

You pay what is required by law. I have no obligation to pay a penny more.

As for hybrid drivers. Why should they pay more for using less resource and improving air quality?

So long as you don't include the battery manufacture....