Car phone warehouse to close 92 stores

Cant say I am surprised at all.

Just one of those shops that you almost forget still exists. CW has exactly the same issue as others that have fallen.

Too many branches.

Poor customer service. ,

Poorly trained staff.

Failure to move with the times.

Just in Sheffield there is one in Crystal Peaks Centre, one on Crystal Peaks retail park, one within Currys within Crystal Peaks retail park, another one at Heeley retail park, one on Ecclesall Road, one at Parkway retail park, one on fargate, two in Meadowhall, one at Meadowhall Retail Park and one stuck on a side road off Penistone Road.

So that's 11 stores just in Sheffield alone. That's not forgetting the overlapping borders of Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield and Doncaster.

Considering most people are buying their primary good once every 18-24 months at the most it was only a matter of time before they had to close some down.

They are selling products on four primary networks. Four primary networks who have their own dedicated stores. Add on the fact that the two biggest phone manufactuers they also have their own dedicated stores tossed into the market its not wonder something had to give.

Anyone who knows a bit about the glory days of British Leyland will see where this will end up. When it comes to long life limited purchased products such as phones its just not feesible to have merely four primary networks and just two primary manufactuers selling exactly the same goods in overlap after overlap retailers.

Fast food and grocery stores can get away with it. Rarely purchased items like phones and cars dont.

Edited by ECCOnoob

If they stopped lying to customers, conning them into taking contracts they don't need then fobbing them off to the network provider despite it being their issue to deal with under law/regulations.

They're doing exactly what Phones4U did and the networks will simply do to cpw what they did to p4u. Pull the contract allowing them to resell.

I won't shed a tear. I had an issue with my iD mobile account. Went into the (empty) shop and the guy said "just call the call centre, they'll sort it".

I signed up with iD thinking it was a good deal on sim only ,the bill has only been at the advertised price once , every month is different .