Neighbours away

Two of my neighbours are on holiday, how do I know this? Well all their curtains are closed and will be for at least a week.

Why do they do this , I thought it was a thing of the past because you are more or less telling everyone you are not at home. Does anyone else do this? I know most of us have light timers on.

I can tell most people in my immediate vicinity are on holiday for very similar reasons.

We do very little differently, we do close the blinds into a more oblique direction rather than close them completely.

I can tell most people in my immediate vicinity are on holiday for very similar reasons.

We do very little differently, we do close the blinds into a more oblique direction rather than close them completely.

That's what I do, plus an automatic dusk till dawn light.

In days gone by, closing all the curtains at the front of the house is what people did when a family member died.

I remember that and I think they didn't open them until after the funeral. They would have to wait a long time today as it takes at least 3 weeks to get your funeral over and done with.

---------- Post added 29-05-2018 at 17:50 ----------

Edited by jaffa1

Our next door neighbours are security fanatics, when they are away a plethora of people are in and out of their home all day, switching on lights, switching off lights, opening windows, closing windows, opening curtains, closing curtains, they even have someone else’s car in their drive. They must worry themselves silly whilst they are away, I don’t understand why they leave their home, feeling as they do. :confused:

The big thing is that you do not change the way your home appears when you go away.

If you want to close your blinds when you go away on holiday, you have to keep them closed regularly.

I know there are automatic shutters and blinds that can keep your schedule if you open them during the day and close at night. (They work like the lights on a timer).