The Spiderman of Paris

How about that young fella in Paris climbing up the face of an apartment building to rescue a youngster hanging on to a balcony handrail by his fingertips. This has to be the feelgood story of the year so far. A worldwide hero courtesy of the smartphone and the internet.

How about that young fella in Paris climbing up the face of an apartment building to rescue a youngster hanging on to a balcony handrail by his fingertips. This has to be the feelgood story of the year so far. A worldwide hero courtesy of the smartphone and the internet.

He made it look casual.

His upper arms must be Garth strength I'd still be trying to climb the bottom rail.

Lucky nipper and a happy ending.

He made it look casual.

His upper arms must be Garth strength I'd still be trying to climb the bottom rail.

Lucky nipper and a happy ending.

Great snippet on the video on the news when the view drops down to ground level and there are two or three people trying to climb and just getting a couple of feet up before dropping back.

Incredible courage and a feat of climbing.

.A whole lot of circumstances came together. He was the right height and had the upper body strength to complete the pull up between the floors. If he'd been shorter he would have had to jump for the holds-and if he'd missed,DOA.

In my estimation, the final pull up was the most difficult and strenuous. In climbing circles, the last move is called a "mantel shelf". You have to pull up and get your body high enough to get your arms flat on the surface to

complete the move.

Another feat of strength was by the kid. To illustrate ,just try hanging by your hands and arms from a bar(not the pub bar ) and find out how hard it is to hang and support your body weight .Try it for 30 seconds.

The child is amazingly strong. Congrats to the nipper as well.

Edited by petemcewan

Total respect and admiration for that guy.

The one thing that is strange in that footage is why that neighbour who was stood by the child did not pull the kid up. The news footage said the neighbour was holding on to him.

Guest makapaka
Total respect and admiration for that guy.

The one thing that is strange in that footage is why that neighbour who was stood by the child did not pull the kid up. The news footage said the neighbour was holding on to him.

I wondered what happened there - i assume they couldn’t reach or something - does anyone know?

Anyway - fantastic by the fella who climbed up - both in terms of bravery and also how easy he made it look physically. Great stuff.