Obesity today caused not by the food but by bad parenting

Just called into the local carvery at Dronfield to collect something and have a quick coffee, Blimey i think i know why there is an obesity epidemic in kids today.

there were queues of very overweight tracksuit wearing parents leading their fat kids up to an eat all you can breakfast buffet for something like £4-5 some looked like they were on their second helping.

a cooked breakfast once in a while is fine but these people had their plates piled high:loopy:

I hope you went over to the parents & gave them a piece of your mind.

It's not only a food problem. Most young people now just sit and play on PlayStation ,X box etc instead of getting out on a push bike etc

They can get a quarter of their total calories needed via fizzy pop, a pint = around 220 calories; a pint each, with 2/3 meals.

What’s it got to do with anyone else anyway?

Just poorly disguised snobbery.

I agree with this.

There appears to be a consensus that there is an issue to do with too many people being overweight or obese; but the OP gave the game away with his snipe about the clothes the people were wearing.....As if what they wear has anything to do with obesity

.....As if what they wear has anything to do with obesity

It's well known that childhood obesity has increased in recent decades. But these figures show that the rise of childhood obesity hasn't affected all children equally.

While children born in 1946 from lower socioeconomic classes had a lower average weight, those born in 2001 had a higher average weight.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/children-poorer-backgrounds-more-affected-rise-childhood-obesity/

Iv"e always been led to believe, that during the 2nd world war years, people were healthier and fitter, due to the lack of imported food.

Its been shown that during rationing pregant women gave birth to babies that were shown to be unhealthier in later life, due to the lack of certain foods.

Just called into the local carvery at Dronfield to collect something and have a quick coffee, Blimey i think i know why there is an obesity epidemic in kids today.

there were queues of very overweight tracksuit wearing parents leading their fat kids up to an eat all you can breakfast buffet for something like £4-5 some looked like they were on their second helping.

a cooked breakfast once in a while is fine but these people had their plates piled high:loopy:

Give over, I bet you pigged out big time at the Toby and felt guilty afterwards?