Obesity today caused not by the food but by bad parenting

What’s it got to do with anyone else anyway?

Just poorly disguised snobbery.

I was just thinking the same - :roll:

---------- Post added 13-06-2018 at 11:02 ----------

Well you kind of are if you're passing judgement on them.

It isn't any of your business - no more than I could complain about "paying" the NHS for your knee replacement if you'd spent a life time jogging or a broken leg from playing football - or someone having an accident in a car when driving to the shops instead of walking.

You don't have to encourage people to use these places - you don't have to like it - but you can't use the cost of the NHS as validation of your dislike.

I'm sorry if you feel I was rude - it wasn't the intention I was just making a point.

Middle class drinkers impose on the NHS, so do prats who drive fast cars and crash, mountaineers, smokers - lots of things

Drinking already attracts a huge amount of tax, and of course drinking in moderation doesn't cause health issues (in fact it may actually be better for you than being t-total).

Crashing cars causes a burden on the NHS, not having a fast car. Nobody crashes a car on purpose though, and I don't think an accident is really comparable to long term self harm through overeating.

Smokers certainly are a in a similar situation, again though the level of tax charged makes it cost neutral to the NHS.

Mountaineers is oddly specific, lets assume you meant 'risky sports' or something like that. Again, the intent isn't to injure oneself, and depending on the specific sport it would be possible to examine whether the overall benefit to health (through exercise) is greater than the costs imposed through injury. Mountaineers I suspect aren't a large cost to the NHS. One of the riskiest sports is apparently football, knee injuries are common!