How to fix dripping joint, in copper water pipe?

Hello,

I have a leaking T join in a copper wipe, drips about once every 30-60 seconds. What are my options for fixing? Is there anything I can smear over it, or tape round it, that will stop a leak?

Ta.

Thanks for the tip MrRobot!

Can't you drain the water down and replace the faulty joint properly?

It looks like a soldered join, and it's probably at least 30 years old. There's also a problem with it being in a very tight corner, so access isn't the greatest.

What are you suggesting, cutting the pipe and fitting a new (comression fit?) T section?

Pushfit/speedfit could work BUT they are bigger than soldered joints,if space is tight.

Some of the leak additives are supposed to work if its a heating system. You can also get a two part chewing gum type substance that you mix together like Mission Impossible and stick over the joint.

Can't personally vouch for either.

Thanks again for suggestions everyone. The space where the pipes are is quite tight. There are also 2 sets of pipes (so 2 T shape joints) on top of each other.

Just uploading a video of the clip to YouTube, and will post link once it's up; will give a better idea of what I'm dealing with. Thanks again. :)

If you can drain it then a plumbers iron or a torch on it and reflow the solder with some more can be enough. Of course if access is an issue then you generally find that the problem is flammable stuff that doesnt like a blowtorch....