Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

On 14/02/2019 at 18:29, max said:

Tony's a good bloke but you're right, his appearance will probably satisfy the less forgiving on here who will probably retreat back into the woodwork following their brief flurry of interest in 'politics'.

Even tough i despise Labour and everything they stand for, it will be good to see a Lord Mayor in a suit and respecting the position , instead of an overgrown kid who disrespects the role by dressing like a  fifteen year old chav. 

16 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Even tough i despise Labour and everything they stand for, it will be good to see a Lord Mayor in a suit and respecting the position , instead of an overgrown kid who disrespects the role by dressing like a  fifteen year old chav. 

Yes and not standing on every ornate table in the city. This guy has no respect for property. If I crouched on a table like that my dad would have rightly given me a thick ear. 

Brilliant piece about him on calendar last night showing his day - absolutely brilliant with kids, engaging with the public when they grabbed him in town and working with the vulnerable and excluded. To cap it off very articulate and understanding that he's not everyone's cup of tea and people won;t necessarily agree with him - but you can't argue he's got more people interested in local politics. Tough act to follow.

4 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Brilliant piece about him on calendar last night showing his day - absolutely brilliant with kids, engaging with the public when they grabbed him in town and working with the vulnerable and excluded. To cap it off very articulate and understanding that he's not everyone's cup of tea and people won;t necessarily agree with him - but you can't argue he's got more people interested in local politics. Tough act to follow.

Tough act to follow? 

I hear Timmy Mallet's not got much on these days. Would we notice the difference? 

54 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Tough act to follow? 

I hear Timmy Mallet's not got much on these days. Would we notice the difference? 

Pour scorn all you like but whichever 'grey suit' gets it next they'll do well to get as much media coverage as Mr Majid has and to have as positive an influence on young people.

3 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Pour scorn all you like but whichever 'grey suit' gets it next they'll do well to get as much media coverage as Mr Majid has and to have as positive an influence on young people.

I have seen very little media coverage promoting the city of Sheffield but I've seen a great deal of self promotion from Mr Majid.