Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

like i said the majority didnt vote for him and nor would they if it came to a single vote? Councillors voting politically:roll:

All Lord Mayors are chosen in this fashion and have been probably for decades. You do realise that, dont you?

Oh and it could only have been a Green one this year due to the rota system. Perhaps go and read this thread properly.

I'm sorry to see we have a bit of "Obama syndrome" on the forum.

This is when someone who is none white is above criticism because of their colour.

Now that is racism.

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 10:02 ----------

No, she wasn't either.

Blimey... there was an Asian Mayor. It was about 2015. I don't have the exact dates, I met him he was very nice.

All Lord Mayors are chosen in this fashion and have been probably for decades. You do realise that, dont you?

Oh and it could only have been a Green one this year due to the rota system. Perhaps go and read this thread properly.

ha ha yes i do and if its a rota system thats even worse:loopy: no wonder the greens put in this numpty clown to raise publicity and spin:roll: yes i have read it but thanks for being so superior and condescending:suspect:

like i said the majority didnt vote for him and nor would they if it came to a single vote? Councillors voting politically

Labour, Liberal and Independents "...Councillors voting politically" for a Green Party member. Please explain what political advantage is gained by the Labour, Liberal and Independents.

Your analysis on a possible outcome of a single vote for Lord Mayor is based on what?

Do you really want a Labour Lord Mayor every year?

The tradition of how a Lord Mayor is elected in Sheffield prevents a hijacking for political gain. When asked if a "single vote" South Yorkshire mayor was needed the majority voted against having a SY mayor at all.

Our Democracy is based on the acceptance that the views of the minority, however unpalatable that is at times.