Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Magid Magid is a man of the people, and seems to have a nose for publicity - something Sheffield desperately needs, it puts Sheffield on he map at least. Meanwhile I can't even remember the name of the other (very expensive) Mayor, who seems to do very little to promote Sheffield, in fact I've no idea what he does at all.  Does anybody know?

there is one good thing that will come out of this? is that it will never happen again.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not wearing a silly hat i presume?

well he was wearing a builders safety hat in the town hall the other day chairing a meeting, the mans a loon and a liabilty.

Edited by helloitsonly

20 hours ago, apelike said:

I believe they could not agree due to a procedural matter. Here is a very good piece about the office of Mayor that sums thing up well and published in The Star:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/david-behrens-a-question-of-office-politics-for-mayors-with-perks-but-no-power-1-9482897

I really hope that he's read this quite excellent article and has sufficient common sense to behave with decorum in the future,  although I'm not holding my breath!

11 hours ago, crookes sid said:

Anna B,that is just the point,he is not a man of the people he is offered the mayor's role as a ceremonial office only with no political power ,please read tonight article In the Star.

watch the various videos with him on youtube, the way he talks to people, engages with people, whether he has political power isnt the point, he isnt just another "suit" that is far removed from the people and sits in a dusty office

44 minutes ago, makapaka said:

He comes across great - it’s only the bigots that have got anything bad to say about him.

thats a pathetic response i dont like him and im not bigotted my reasons are not to do with his race/ethnicity/religion its because hes a bloody idiot he's using it as a platform for himself rather than for Sheffield

I really like Magid , hes speaking out for truth and for the world which is is dire straights . What you don't see is how hard he works away from the public eye . The last Lord mayor to do anything useful was Tony Arbor , who did masses for disabilities awareness  in Sheffield, Magid  will leave a fantastic record and the council will get no one better to represent them .  

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Narden Dee said:

thats a pathetic response i dont like him and im not bigotted my reasons are not to do with his race/ethnicity/religion its because hes a bloody idiot he's using it as a platform for himself rather than for Sheffield

Have you got any examples of him acting like an idiot? Or evidence that he is self serving?

what were your views on previous mayors? Any examples of where he is going wrong compared to them?