Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

True you remember his name, but is this for the right reasons?   I will remember this person for behaving  like an  undisciplined four year old, with feet on furniture (which would have gained a smack from my mother). 

Edited by kaytie

7 hours ago, kaytie said:

True you remember his name, but is this for the right reasons?   I will remember this person for behaving  like an  undisciplined four year old, with feet on furniture (which would have gained a smack from my mother). 

I think that's really pathetic.

I think the point is he has probably made a difference with a broader cross section of society than Sheffield Forum, particularly children and young people as a result of him being more accessible to them. 

100,000 people, average age 57, are about to pick the next PM of this country - anyone who does anything that encourages young people to understand the importance of politics is alright in my book.

• 1 month later...
On 27/07/2019 at 17:46, melthebell said:

Cos we won't need him or anybody else on Brussels soon? Or maybe we will?

I always had the old fashioned idea that to be elected Lord Mayor you had to have done a lot of good for the city.