Goverment cuts for the Elderly should start with the Royals

If you think the Royal Family are never stopped from doing what they want I seriously suggest you do a little more reading and research.

As for your first claim, the most senior Royals receive some tax payer money. They also have their own investments, from which they purchased their private homes.

If you're trying to make out the Royals generally thrive independently like the rest of us only they do it better, is naïve. Ultimately where does the money they use for their "private investments", come from?

If you're trying to make out the Royals generally thrive independently like the rest of us only they do it better, is naïve. Ultimately where does the money they use for their "private investments", come from?

Where did I said they 'thrived independently' better than the rest of us?

Their income comes for a variety of sources, but the Privy Purse comes from income from the Duchy of Lancaster, which is private portfolio of land and other assets, which has been inherited and invested for generations.

As an avowed republican I fully support the cessation of the the queen being the head of state, how it can be legally managed is another matter, both the French and the Russians had a solution that I don’t advocate.

However if anyone thinks that taking royal assets into public ownership would

solve some of our very costly social problems, they are in cloud cuckoo territory. A democratically elected president would most probably cost a fortune, it’s the principle of who is actually my head of state that concerns me.

It it demonstrably and easily discernibly true that the Royal Family have significantly less freedom than the average person.

I think that is wrong. They have exactly the same freedom as the average person but chose privilege and prestige over that.

I'm sure they would do fine, they like to hunt after all.

No need to put em on a Desert Island, they wouldn't know how to survive where they reside now with out skivvies doing every thing for them. Chuck em a Bog Roll and watch em panic. :hihi: