Goverment cuts for the Elderly should start with the Royals

If my memory serves the royals were never self sufficient, that is until a grateful nation awarded George V a multi million pound gift (billions in current value), as a thank you for him guiding the nation to victory in WW1. He promptly pocketed his undeserved wealth and kept on charging everything to the nation, something his decedents have carried on doing, the queen only started paying tax two years ago.

Perhaps it’s time for pay back. :

If my memory serves the royals were never self sufficient, that is until a grateful nation awarded George V a multi million pound gift (billions in current value), as a thank you for him guiding the nation to victory in WW1. He promptly pocketed his undeserved wealth and kept on charging everything to the nation, something his decedents have carried on doing, the queen only started paying tax two years ago.

Perhaps it’s time for pay back. :

What?

What billion pound gift did the nation give George V for 'guiding the nation to victory in WW1'? There seems to be no record of this, which is somewhat surprising.. Do you have a source for this?

Are you saying that the Royal Family are self sufficient now, or that they were poor before? I'm confused?

The Queen started voluntarily paying tax in 1992. That was over 2 years ago...

What?

What billion pound gift did the nation give George V for 'guiding the nation to victory in WW1'? There seems to be no record of this, which is somewhat surprising.. Do you have a source for this?

Are you saying that the Royal Family are self sufficient now, or that they were poor before? I'm confused?

The Queen started voluntarily paying tax in 1992. That was over 2 years ago...

Sorry about the 2, meant 20 as rough guess. Have a look at tepilo.com, I was amazed at what the crown owned via property settlements, such as the entirety of Regent Street, I recall that these settlements were made circa 100 years ago.

Sorry about the 2, meant 20 as rough guess. Have a look at tepilo.com, I was amazed at what the crown owned via property settlements, such as the entirety of Regent Street, I recall that these settlements were made circa 100 years ago.

Um..Tepilo is Sarah Beeny's online estate agent. How is that relevant?

Just go into it and type ‘How much property does the Queen own?’ Just a rough guess but could the relevance be property? :rolleyes:

This is getting more and more bizarre...

In order to find out how much property is owned by the Queen, I need to go to Sarah Beeny's online estate agency?

Not a link to the Crown Estates accounts (which are helpfully published online), but a link to a celebrity estate agent. Bizarre.

The absurdity of that aside, I'm aware that The Crown Estate holds a lot of property wealth, but that isn't really owned by the Queen in any practical sense.

The Queen does personally own quite a bit of property too, but I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.

What has any of this got to do with the apparent billion pound gift that the nation gave George V after WWI!!?

This is getting more and more bizarre...

In order to find out how much property is owned by the Queen, I need to go to Sarah Beeny's online estate agency?

Not a link to the Crown Estates accounts (which are helpfully published online), but a link to a celebrity estate agent. Bizarre.

The absurdity of that aside, I'm aware that The Crown Estate holds a lot of property wealth, but that isn't really owned by the Queen in any practical sense.

The Queen does personally own quite a bit of property too, but I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.

What has any of this got to do with the apparent billion pound gift that the nation gave George V after WWI!!?

Because he was on the throne when the restructuring of wealth occurred, I found it very informative, but everyone to their own.