Do We Dress For Ourselves or The Opposite Sex?

And that's an interesting point. Many of the feminists claiming objectification fail to realise that many critics of women are other women.

How do you know that they fail to realise such an obvious fact?

How do you know that they fail to realise such an obvious fact?

Because the usual rhetoric which comes from 3rd wave feminism is 'patriarchy' and 'toxic masculinity' being the cause of female oppression, despite the fact that it's often other women attempting to tell women what to do.

Because the usual rhetoric which comes from 3rd wave feminism is 'patriarchy' and 'toxic masculinity' being the cause of female oppression, despite the fact that it's often other women attempting to tell women what to do.

So, you just made up a claim, then let go a diatribe of nonsense to try to justify it.

Let’s try once more. Do some breathing exercises first: How do you know that they fail to realise such an obvious fact?

You could also ditch the misogyny if you really want to make your answer appear cogent.

Edited by Rhyno

So, you just made up a claim, then let go a diatribe if nonsense to try to justify it.

Let’s try once more. Do some breathing exercises first: How do you know that they fail to realise such an obvious fact?

You could also ditch the misogyny if you really want to make your answer appear cogent.

What misogyny? Women are often the biggest critics of other women. That's why we have the likes of 'Real Housewives of...' TV programs. Hardly any men involved, it's just 45mins of women slagging each other off. You can include Geordie Shore in that, too.

You know that TV is scripted right? And if you look I suspect that many of those fictional TV shows will have male directors and producers.

Is that really what you're going to offer as 'proof' that women are the problem (with regards to equality for women), and not centuries of male dominance and control?

You know that TV is scripted right? And if you look I suspect that many of those fictional TV shows will have male directors and producers.

Is that really what you're going to offer as 'proof' that women are the problem (with regards to equality for women), and not centuries of male dominance and control?

Even the news...

And they may have male producers and directors, but the women still choose to take part. As in, they have a choice! Or are you claiming 'patriarchy'?

I'm not 'offering proof', and i'm not saying that women are THE problem. All i'm saying is that, often, other women are the biggest critics of how other women present themselves, as well as men.

And considering it's feminists calling for the removal of walk on girls/grid girls/lapdancing clubs etc. it does appear that women like to tell other women what to do.

One of the good things about getting older is that most men and women realise what suits you and what is comfortable to wear and this makes you impervious to criticism. There are some exceptions but live and left live:P

But even then, do you dress for yourself or to create attention, be it from a partner or other people?

But even then, do you dress for yourself or to create attention, be it from a partner or other people?

It's one of the things I've noticed about your posting (and hence thinking) style - you seem to want to reduce everything to an 'either / or' posistion.

I think it's a bit of a handicap.

It's one of the things I've noticed about your posting (and hence thinking) style - you seem to want to reduce everything to an 'either / or' posistion.

I think it's a bit of a handicap.

Thanks for that insightful piece of forumming...

It's fine if someone asnwers my question with 'both', i'm just trying to gauge why people do certain things. There is much either/or in life...

"Do you support United or Wednesday?"

"Do you prefer tomato sauce or brown sauce?"