Do We Dress For Ourselves or The Opposite Sex?

There are 60 million people in this country, to imagine that they all do something for the reasons would be folly.

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 08:10 ----------

Even the news...

And they may have male producers and directors, but the women still choose to take part. As in, they have a choice! Or are you claiming 'patriarchy'?

You were using the scripts of 'reality tv' to 'prove' that women are the biggest critics of women. I've no idea what the news has to do with it? Nor was I particularly claiming patriarchy. I was claiming that you're using fiction to support an opinion about reality.

I'm not 'offering proof',

Well it was proof or evidence that I asked for, so perhaps you CAN now offer some?

and i'm not saying that women are THE problem. All i'm saying is that, often, other women are the biggest critics of how other women present themselves, as well as men.

Yes, and when asked why you think that, you responded with the not proof of scripted television.

And considering it's feminists calling for the removal of walk on girls/grid girls/lapdancing clubs etc. it does appear that women like to tell other women what to do.

We've discussed this before, you can't understand how someone can find anything done by someone else offensive. :rolleyes:

And considering it's feminists calling for the removal of walk on girls/grid girls/lapdancing clubs etc. it does appear that women like to tell other women what to do.

I'm no feminist but I don't agree with grid girls. I don't think they bring anything to the sport, its an outdated concept to use a woman to hold up a pole with a number on it. I'm watching the F1 grid for the cars and they just get in the way. And I'm not alone in that thinking, many other male F1 fans think the same.

As for lapdancing clubs, I've no problem with that. If men are stupid and sad enough to pay silly amounts of money for this, then long may they exploit them!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/insight-is-2020/201309/women-who-hate-other-women-the-psychological-root-snarky

Any good?

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 12:09 ----------

I'm no feminist but I don't agree with grid girls. I don't think they bring anything to the sport, its an outdated concept to use a woman to hold up a pole with a number on it. I'm watching the F1 grid for the cars and they just get in the way. And I'm not alone in that thinking, many other male F1 fans think the same.

As for lapdancing clubs, I've no problem with that. If men are stupid and sad enough to pay silly amounts of money for this, then long may they exploit them!

What i'm trying to say is, and obviously failing miserably, is that women can often be as bigger critics of other women as men can be.

Had it today in our office listening to people talking about Love Island - one of my female colleagues was slamming one of the contestants for her style, eyebrows and make-up. None of the men mentioned anything about it.

It just seems to be, at this moment, that men are the apparent cause of all the world's ills. I'm not trying to say that one is worse, just that women can be as bad.

I'm sure that women do criticise and judge each other, it's human nature. AFAIK there aren't many female paparazzi trying to take photos down their tops or up their skirts though... Bringing up "well women criticise each other as well" is simply a distraction from a point being made by those feminists about objectification.

There is much either/or in life...

"Do you prefer tomato sauce or brown sauce?"

Just like choice of sauce, many things in life are dependent upon a wider context.

That's something that your posts routinely fail to acknowledge.

For the record, tomato on chips, brown on pies, neither on lobster thermidor.

I'm sure that women do criticise and judge each other, it's human nature. AFAIK there aren't many female paparazzi trying to take photos down their tops or up their skirts though... Bringing up "well women criticise each other as well" is simply a distraction from a point being made by those feminists about objectification.

Where do you stand on male objectification?

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 13:20 ----------

Just like choice of sauce, many things in life are dependent upon a wider context.

That's something that your posts routinely fail to acknowledge.

For the record, tomato on chips, brown on pies, neither on lobster thermidor.

I'm well aware of that, but i then can't ask further questions and gain wider knowledge if the first question isn't answered.

Of course, if i'm talking that much rubbish, why are people responding to me? Surely that says more about them than me.

What's the quote - never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience?

What do you mean where do I stand on it? Objectifying people isn't acceptable. It's not difficult is it to reach that conclusion?

You asked a question, you didn't start an argument, people are trying to help you, despite you being obtuse and clearly already thinking you have an answer to the question you posed.

What do you mean where do I stand on it? Objectifying people isn't acceptable. It's not difficult is it to reach that conclusion?

You asked a question, you didn't start an argument, people are trying to help you, despite you being obtuse and clearly already thinking you have an answer to the question you posed.

But what do you define as 'objectification'?

A woman likes to be photographed in a state of undress and get paid.

A man likes to be photographed in a state of undress and get paid.

Where's the problem? If you don't like it, don't look. Simple.

People like to be paid to be looked at, what's the issue?

You're asking me to defend a point that you claim that some feminists made, which you then criticised because "women also criticise women". How can I define what objectification is to these feminists. I only have your 2nd hand assertion that they don't like it, and you only made that so that you could strawman it with your argument against it, and pretend that this was somehow relevant to this topic.

We can look at the dictionary definition, but frankly this is all just a distraction from your original point.

objectification

ɒbdʒɛktɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/Submit

noun

the action of degrading someone to the status of a mere object.

You're asking me to defend a point that you claim that some feminists made, which you then criticised because "women also criticise women". How can I define what objectification is to these feminists. I only have your 2nd hand assertion that they don't like it, and you only made that so that you could strawman it with your argument against it, and pretend that this was somehow relevant to this topic.

We can look at the dictionary definition, but frankly this is all just a distraction from your original point.

objectification

ɒbdʒɛktɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/Submit

noun

the action of degrading someone to the status of a mere object.

But by that dictionary definition, everyone is an object in their profession and job.

Actors are degraded because all they are there for is to tell a story. They're not a person, they are a tool with which to push a narrative. A sports person is often watched, not for their personality, but for their ability to entertain. Once they outlive their usefulness, they are cast aside.

You think in my job that my customers care about me and my personal problems? No. All i am to them is a cog in a corporate wheel. I'm not me, to them i'm the face of my company.

You're a fool if you think you're anything other than a tool or an object in the world of work. The only difference is, the 'glamour' world is honest about what it is.