Legalise cannabis oil?

No, she's just jumping on the bandwagon and using people's illnesses for petty political point scoring. Its easy to say Labour would legalise it when they're in opposition.

Would it be better in your view if she'd stuck rigidly to a position despite evidence to the contrary?

Edited by SnailyBoy

I object because she is the Drugs minister, the go to person to get medicinal cannabis oil legalised. She is the one preventing it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-44109060

Actually she’s in a no win position, if she was pro legalisation she would be accused of having a vested interest. As this is not the position, and what with her husband’s business interests, she will be accused of hypocrisy.

Not so sure about recreational use as there are so many different strengths out there.

Doesn't that support the argument for legalising it, regulating production of it so it's not such a hit and miss affair in terms of stength and effect?

It seems absolutely bonkers to me that it's illegal, yet alcohol (which imo causes way more social and individual ills than pot) is perfectly legal. An ex copper was referenced making this point on TV (on Vicky Derbyshire) this morning; all the agravation and social problems booze causes; yet dope pretty much just sedates people in comparison.

I imagine, for one reason or another, it's just not been politically expedient to support it's legalisation; maybe recent events will turn out to be the catalyst of change? I hope so. Not that I'd be using it myself, but I strongly feel if you want to, that's your business, and so long as you're not adversely affecting others, it's none of the government's business to tell you what you can and cannot do with, or put in to, your own body.

Edited by Waldo

If cannabis or its extracts can be used for medicinal purposes then these products should be licensed. After doing a bit of reading up apparently cbd oil can reduce inflammation and is less damaging to your liver than ibuprofen.

It can be used for epilepsy and there is a product called sativex that is licensed for use treating multiple sclerosis. Smoking cannabis can also help asthma and relieve pain.

In fact I know someone who played rugby for years who got into smoking it because it relieved the pain from all the knocks he got playing at a very high (no pun intended) level for a long time. Not the usual type you think of when you think of a dope smoker, but there you are.

Not so sure about recreational use as there are so many different strengths out there.

My bold=

There are many different strength alcoholic drinks out their too, Wray & Nephew overproof Rum is 63% so the different strength argument doesn’t come into it...

My bold=

There are many different strength alcoholic drinks out their too, Wray & Nephew overproof Rum is 63% so the different strength argument doesn’t come into it...

but cos cannabis is completely illegal its not regulated, it doesnt have a strength listed on it like alcohol does

Many people use painkillers, but not many have a large canabis farm.

That's because the painkillers are legal, if cannabis was legal, how many more would use that instead of normal over the counter stuff?