Redevelopment of Hillsborough

• 6 months later...
One of the oldest buildings in Hillsborough that survived the Great Flood and many a Saturday night out.

More history gone, plans have been submitted for redevelopment, but into what I cannot find out.

The demolition is however listed as being down to the people that run Hillsborough Exchange so maybe they are planning on extending that ?

Looks like it's getting clearer

78 flats on top of the exchange itself.

https://www.facebook.com/HillsboroughForum/?hc_ref=ARSYZXos46CYCTMJv7c27xz3V8yMEcNMWKdYb4h-2UBXaoplBm2RTRwOIc2GNUFYVVs&fref=nf

I saw this and I thought it meant flats above the Hillsborough barracks. That would be a good idea and that shopping centre needs it, it’s desperate for footfall. Not sure it’s a good idea at the exchange.

The Exchange desperately needs fixing, the owners must be thinking its best away for them to incorporate something very costly into a profit redevelopment making a few million, I'm not convinced it's not been publicised enough to the local community, only Hillsborough forum on Facebook have shared it.

Thers no notices around the Exchange itself or the unit the exhibit is happening in.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 08:10 ----------

Not enough Hi-Rise Flat's in hilborough....make it a 'Little london'...;)

I not missing:D Big London.

The Exchange is Hillsboroughs little shopping centre, owners are looking to build 78 rented flats on top of it.

thanks for that

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 23:28 ----------

thanks for that

always known it as precinct