Supertram staff to strike..

My opinion but - we have a big weekend ahead called tramlines. So they decide it is a good time to strike. I support the cause but why disrupt something that has become a major event that has brought recognition to the city. Why kill an event that is named after the network. I'll probably get slated but I don't give a damn. Hope public opinion turns against you!

apparently (it says earlier on this thread) that the strike action was planned weeks in advance, and for a weekend to cause the least disruption to commuters.

It's just a happy coincidence that it falls on the Tramlines weekend :)

My opinion but - we have a big weekend ahead called tramlines. So they decide it is a good time to strike. I support the cause but why disrupt something that has become a major event that has brought recognition to the city. Why kill an event that is named after the network. I'll probably get slated but I don't give a damn. Hope public opinion turns against you!

Tramlines shares nothing but it's name with Supertram. So not sure why there is such public outcry over picking this weekend? This is exactly what the unions wanted. Maximum damage/impact. No point picking an average Saturday/Sunday when passenger numbers will be low anyway.

Plus, of course, there are plentiful normal bus routes passing close to Hillsborough Park without including the tram replacement buses.

Tramlines shares nothing but it's name with Supertram. So not sure why there is such public outcry over picking this weekend? This is exactly what the unions wanted. Maximum damage/impact. No point picking an average Saturday/Sunday when passenger numbers will be low anyway.

Plus, of course, there are plentiful normal bus routes passing close to Hillsborough Park without including the tram replacement buses.

Still think it is crap.My opinion! And if we didn't have the tram it wouldn't have been called tramlines. Think about it, it's not a difficult concept.

Edited by drolnhoj

Its a shame they find the need to strike when at least they HAVE a job

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 23:17 ----------

Should all be sacked

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 23:19 ----------

plenty of people on the dole who would like a chance to work earning a decent wage

apparently (it says earlier on this thread) that the strike action was planned weeks in advance, and for a weekend to cause the least disruption to commuters.

It's just a happy coincidence that it falls on the Tramlines weekend :)

There is no coincidence, the union knows tramlines will be busy, no point striking on a quiet day.

Its a shame they find the need to strike when at least they HAVE a job

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 23:17 ----------

Should all be sacked

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 23:19 ----------

plenty of people on the dole who would like a chance to work earning a decent wage

They are recruiting, so are my employer....get your applications in. Unless you can't be bothered.

Actually, judging by your previous posts I wouldn't bother.....not even Donald Trump would give you a job.:loopy::loopy:

Edited by taxman

Guest busdriver1
Still think it is crap.My opinion! And if we didn't have the tram it wouldn't have been called tramlines. Think about it, it's not a difficult concept.

Well the tramlines will still be there. Just no trams and free flowing traffic. Cant see any problems there.

Don't think our present trams have enough capacity to serve tramline in a normal comfortable manner when no strike anyway. I am no expert on these matters and could be wrong, but am fairly certain they needed a load of busses anyway for tramlines in Hillsborough.

I often get the feeling public transport likes to play games with poor capacity to make as much money as possible while people are crammed and standing in full vehicles.

There are countries where you pay less then half price for a standing journey.

Edited by dutch