Carbon dioxide shortage

Can't the CO2 shortage be rectified by everyone just breathing out?

You weren’t very good at school were you?

Any school kid would know that CO2 constitutes just 0.04% of air. Extracting it directly from the air is not a cost effective way in doing it. It is sourced from other manufacturing processes as already stated.

into balloons. Then we can drop them off at our nearest pub or abattoir.

No- they'd just blame you for inflation.

---------- Post added 01-07-2018 at 20:50 ----------

You weren’t very good at school were you?

Any school kid would know that CO2 constitutes just 0.04% of air. Extracting it directly from the air is not a cost effective way in doing it. It is sourced from other manufacturing processes as already stated.

And, it seems, you're not very good at humour either...

I like beer, and larger, and cider. by the way cask ale isn't real ale real ale comes in a bucket, tastes like sick and goes straight out the other end.

Now can we stop looking down our noses each other, well l mean the "real ale" supremacists.

I am going to have a couple af pints of something from Thornbridge followed by some cider and maybe a larger to finish tomorrow when I watch the world cup.

Stick that in your real tobacco pipe then take it outside and smoke it.

I may have got this wrong, I’m sure on the news today the shortage is because there is also a shortage of Ammonia which is needed to make CO2, I’ve never given these compounds much thought before. If that’s the correct term.

I may have got this wrong, I’m sure on the news today the shortage is because there is also a shortage of Ammonia which is needed to make CO2, I’ve never given these compounds much thought before. If that’s the correct term.

My cat makes loads of ammonia. perhaps we can come to some arrangement?

There isn't a shortage of ammonia, there is just currently little demand for it. Ammonia's largest use by far is to make fertilizer which is usually applied winter/spring time. In the summer most plants shut down for maintenance as the demand for ammonia and fertilizer falls.

Ammonia is made from atmospheric nitrogen and hydrogen gas. The hydrogen is provided by a process called steam reforming. Hot steam is reacted with methane to give hydrogen gas and carbon dioxide. It is this "waste" carbon dioxide which is fairly pure when it leaves the reformer that is used as food grade CO2