The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

David Cameron 'personally requested Obama's back of the queue Brexit warning'=

https://news.sky.com/story/cameron-personally-requested-obamas-back-of-the-queue-brexit-warning-11423669

Oh dear.....:hihi:

Since proven to be true, as the article makes clear:

"Subsequently, it was correct. It was not true that you could skip to the front of the line."

Really the story is: "Cameron asked Obama to tell the truth!" :hihi:

Oh dear indeed.. desperate times for you guys eh ;)

---------- Post added 02-07-2018 at 17:53 ----------

I see the pictures of cakes and unicorns has failed to impress:

UK's latest Brexit proposal is unrealistic, say EU officials

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/02/uk-latest-brexit-proposal-is-unrealistic-say-eu-officials

Too may cakes... unsurprisingly.

Edited by Magilla

David Cameron 'personally requested Obama's back of the queue Brexit warning'=

https://news.sky.com/story/cameron-personally-requested-obamas-back-of-the-queue-brexit-warning-11423669

Oh dear.....:hihi:

And trump denied us special treatment in the oncoming trade war so we will lack the protection the EU may have afforded us.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Looks like the cabinet is still at war with itself. The iPaper this morning reports on a rift between Rees-Mogg and Johnson on one side and the Chancellor and Prime Minister on the other. The proposed 'third option' customs union has been ridiculed and looks unlikely to get through.

I have a stronger and stronger suspicion that we'll be having elections pretty darned soon.

This is not resolveable.

We have two choices. We wish to continue to trade easily with Europe which means some form of customs union, whatever they choose to call it. The Brextremists will throw their toys out of the pram.

We wish to trade freely with the rest of the world so trade with Europe grinds to a complete halt, all UK air transport is grounded, hospitals start running out of essential stocks the Irish border is reimposed and the pound starts to nosedive, all in the hope of securing good trade deals with the US and China just as the US provokes the biggest trade war in decades. The Brextremists will cheer but the rest of us will pay the price.

Over to you Mrs May!

Trade with the EU will still carry on. Businesses on both sides will not want to cut off a lucrative trade with the other by imposing punishing tariffs. This I believe will eventually be the pragmatic outcome of the negotiations.

Trade with the EU will still carry on. Businesses on both sides will not want to cut off a lucrative trade with the other by imposing punishing tariffs. This I believe will eventually be the pragmatic outcome of the negotiations.
Of course U.K.-EU27 trade will still carry on.

But on the tarriff side of things, I’m afraid that’s entirely out of businesses’ hands: (I) you can’t wish WTO rules away and (II) we have all seen how much ‘influence’ both U.K. and EU businesses have with the U.K. government, i.e. none.

(preemptive reminder: German car manufacturers -amongst others, including Airbus & co.- have been backing the Single Market model from day one, that means they expect the U.K. to stay in or as close to it (to the contrary of the EU making SM-imperilling concessions), but would otherwise live with the U.K. not doing that)

Edited by L00b

If Brexit was supposed to lead to a free trade nirvana why the hell are Brexiters openly welcoming tariffs?