The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

So Rhyno , why should we be worried if the EU, not us put a border up. Just on a separate point bet you never been through Dove and sean the EU checkpoint?

Please use spellcheck, I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

But Ireland doesn't want a hard border. Northern Ireland doesn't want a hard border - it will cost both communities lots of time and money. It bins the good Friday agreement and all that entails. We haven't got the money, trained staff, technological infrastructure - who is going to put the fencing up? It's going to cost a stack and we haven't got the time. Hard brexit will make real mess of that. Oh and if the DUP don't like what's proposed you can forget the government getting anything done, unless you're happy for Teresa may to write another cheque for a billion pounds.

Please use spellcheck, I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

But Ireland doesn't want a hard border. Northern Ireland doesn't want a hard border - it will cost both communities lots of time and money. It bins the good Friday agreement and all that entails. We haven't got the money, trained staff, technological infrastructure - who is going to put the fencing up? It's going to cost a stack and we haven't got the time. Hard brexit will make real mess of that. Oh and if the DUP don't like what's proposed you can forget the government getting anything done, unless you're happy for Teresa may to write another cheque for a billion pounds.

Please use spellcheck, I haven't got a clue what you're on about., well if you haven't a clue as you say, weird how you got a grasp on what I said. Its the EU that are seeking a hard border, in Irland, why would violence follow if they inforced one, let us get real without the sarcasm. Don't you think?

Edited by phil752

Not to interrupt this clash of titanic intellects but a wheel has fallen of the brexit clown car in the form of David Davis resigning.

Election soon I think.

Hope so. It will be the death of both parties. Labour will actually say what they want to do and the Tories will eat themselves...

Who's that riding towards us on a big white horse, sword in hand, to save us from the evil EU.

Please use spellcheck, I haven't got a clue what you're on about., well if you haven't a clue as you say, weird how you got a grasp on what I said. Its the EU that are seeking a hard border, in Irland, why would violence follow if they inforced one, let us get real without the sarcasm. Don't you think?

Christ Phil, how much spoon feeding do you need?

Hope so. It will be the death of both parties. Labour will actually say what they want to do and the Tories will eat themselves...

Who's that riding towards us on a big white horse, sword in hand, to save us from the evil EU.

not sure where you are coming from?

Give up NI?

Then you have lost Scotland.

Then you are left with a vivid illustration of what Brexit really means: English nationalism.

But without oil, gas and prime fishing grounds. And with a severely knobbled city of London.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 00:20 ----------

There is no way a no deal Brexit can happen now. Get over it.

My bold=

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/jul/09/david-davis-resigns-as-brexit-secretary-live-updates

From the link=

Three of the five Brexit ministers have resigned: David Davis, Steve Baker and Suella Braverman.

It’s hard to say what all this means just yet, but Theresa May’s former policy chief says the chance of a no deal Brexit scenario “just got a lot more likely”.

Christ Phil, how much spoon feeding do you need?

thought i had given you a big dollop of it? duh. You never say what you mean, just quips, get real and say something, or be a joke.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 01:08 ----------

Give up NI?

Then you have lost Scotland.

Then you are left with a vivid illustration of what Brexit really means: English nationalism.

But without oil, gas and prime fishing grounds. And with a severely knobbled city of London.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 00:20 ----------

[/b]

My bold=

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/jul/09/david-davis-resigns-as-brexit-secretary-live-updates

From the link=

Three of the five Brexit ministers have resigned: David Davis, Steve Baker and Suella Braverman.

It’s hard to say what all this means just yet, but Theresa May’s former policy chief says the chance of a no deal Brexit scenario “just got a lot more likely”.

It is worrying unless there is a leadership change.

Paradoxically, with all the Remainers rubbing their hands with glee at the chaos you'd think they have some sort of victory.

There will, more than likely, now be no deal and the made-up phrase "Hard Brexit" becoming a reality.

Well done!

thought i had given you a big dollop of it? duh

There is a document called a good Friday agreement. It's been the corner stone of peace between us, the IRA and various Protestant groups. A big chunk of that is an open border. We can't be out of the single market and not have one, unless we are part of EEA (although that I need to check tbh) which is the worst of all worlds. Now if we have a hard border, the economic situation will nosedive and that, in my opinion at least will be a useful breeding ground for terrorists. Oh and as we don't have border staff and all the other stuff you ignored in my last post - well no doubt have to send troops over, troops that we don't have enough of. How is that going to go over?