The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

^^^^^what he said!!!

So who will be the next leader of the Conservative party and when's the next general election going to be? I'm saying September for the election and Gove for PM (briefly)

It's a poison pill. I recon Boris and Mogg will be stearing well clear. Gove maybe, but I'm not sure voters like him TBH and at the end of the day he also won't deliver anything he promised in the referendum.

No, I’m sticking to factual accuracy, as usual.

The EU referendum act 2015 did not make the outcome binding in any way or shape, so it was an opinion poll, and nothing but.

Moreover its principal architect, Cameron, resigned the day after, de facto voiding any political promises which he may have made before it (and which, in any case, were no more binding on him and his government than the referendum result).

It’s only what May’s government has decided and done since, at times confirmed by Parliament votes, that amounts to a decision. Factually, May was free to ignore the referendum result. That she didn’t, is her and her Cabinet’s choice.

I’m quite aware that this doesn’t fit your narrative and line of argument. Tough.

As regards ‘no opposition to Brexit’ at least 48% of the voting electorate at the material time (not adjusted for intervening demographics, nor for ideological spilts in the 52% for hard/soft/boiled Brexit) disagree with your point very fundamentally. As is their democratic right, I should add.

Perhaps try and get over the fact that you’re no more entitled to ‘full popular support for Brexit’, than the U.K. is to a ‘good deal’. Thankfully democracy is not quite the same animal as the ‘mob rule’ which you advocate.

No you are not. I draw your attention again to Camerons speech just before the vote. What part of this quote do you not understand.

" And remember : they cannot undo the decision we take.

If we vote out, that's it.

It is irreversible.

We will leave Europe - for good."

Seems pretty simple to me. But there again I believe in democracy, the remoaners like yourself apparently do not.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 15:37 ----------

errgh Gove?? That slimy git!!

Not ideal ideal PM material is he. Remember he stabbed Boris in the back.

Angel1.

No you are not. I draw your attention again to Camerons speech just before the vote. What part of this quote do you not understand.

" And remember : they cannot undo the decision we take.

If we vote out, that's it.

It is irreversible.

We will leave Europe - for good."

Seems pretty simple to me. But there again I believe in democracy, the remoaners like yourself apparently do not.

Angel1.

But cameron isnt in charge anymore. Cameron could have promised a big fat unicorn to each and every leave voter. But he isnt in charge anymore, so what he said doesnt matter. Leave won the day - but it was a broad question and been left to May and her shower of idiots to provide a broad answer, whcih is harder still when davis doesnt even understand the question. Dont like it? Tough.

If its any consolation, nobody does.

errgh Gove?? That slimy git!!

Ok, pick a competent Tory front bencher.

Good luck with that one.

I only chose Gove because he's positioning himself rather nicely after his faux pas after the referendum. He's staying loyal to May but "true" to the brexiteers as well. I bet he's already thumbing through sample books for new curtains at number 10!

Btw, if anyone is familier with dead ringers on radio 4 and recalls their version of govey I suspect that impression will be unerringly accurate now!

Edited by tinfoilhat

You got plans for how that border will work then? Other than Hadrians wall

Quite simple. If scotland left the UK , a hard border would be established .

Personally , im hoping for a No Deal , rather than the cop out proposed by May . A no deal would mean the result of the referendum would be implemented, as it should be.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 15:45 ----------

Ok, pick a competent Tory front bencher.

Good luck with that one.

I only chose Gove because he's positioning himself rather nicely after his faux pas after the referendum. He's staying loyal to May but "true" to the brexiteers as well. I bet he's already thumbing through sample books for new curtains at number 10!

May must go ASAP . she has totally ignored the referendum result and the will of the people.

Quite simple. If scotland left the UK , a hard border would be established .

Personally , im hoping for a No Deal , rather than the cop out proposed by May . A no deal would mean the result of the referendum would be implemented, as it should be.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 15:45 ----------

May must go ASAP . she has totally ignored the referendum result and the will of the people.

So will her replacement. That's corbyn in the longer term, in legion with Vince cable.

With today’s events does this take us closer to Brexit means Brexit or another referendum which would result in us staying in the EU.

I don’t believe that we have made any discernible movement in either uniting the Conservative Party or towards a Brexit negotiation that will benefit the U.K.

Whither now Boris,Gove,IDS,Farage and all those who supported Leave.