The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

And the circle is complete.

The blame lies absolutely squarely on those who voted leave. You belived the lies and when country hits the buffers I want to know how you're going to put it right.

If you want to play the blame game, why not blame past UK Governments who signed up to the Maastricht Treaty and the Treaty of Lisbon? Or why not blame the EU for making Ireland have another referendum after their democratic people voted against the Treaty of Lisbon? Or why not blame the EU for not giving David Cameron anything after he spent months trying to renegotiate better terms for the UK and reform the EU?

If you want to play the blame game, why not blame past UK Governments who signed up to the Maastricht Treaty and the Treaty of Lisbon? Or why not blame the EU for making Ireland have another referendum after their democratic people voted against the Treaty of Lisbon? Or why not blame the EU for not giving David Cameron anything after he spent months trying to renegotiate better terms for the UK and reform the EU?

No, I'm blaming leave voters who, rather than hold successive governments to account have instead ignored the facts and belived the tabloids and charlatans like farage and Johnson.

Leave voters are to blame. End of.

Or why not blame the EU for making Ireland have another referendum after their democratic people voted against the Treaty of Lisbon?

A complete misrepresentation, the Irish didn't object to the Treaty in it's entirety, only a tiny part of it. Their voice was heard and that part was amended, after which they voted overwhelmingly in suppport!

To suggest this is anything other than textbook democracy in action is simply laughable! :loopy:

Or why not blame the EU for not giving David Cameron anything after he spent months trying to renegotiate better terms for the UK and reform the EU?

Again, a complete misrepresentation of reality!

They gave him pretty much everything he asked for. The things he didn't get were because he already had considerable powers to mitigate/address those issues, but the government had completely failed to use them :roll:

The result was framed, by Brexiteers, as a failure when in reality it was nothing of the sort. Brexiteers would have whined about it regardless.

Both are nothing more than soundbites for the easily fooled, shows how weak your view is! :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 11:06 ----------

Indeed, if it goes pear shaped they will be feeling the heat, there's no escaping it.

Edited by Magilla

If it does indeed "all come on top", to use your parlance, a third party will take much of the blame for its intransigence.

The European Union.

”Take” much of the blame for respecting the U.K.’s democratic choice and its 27 remaining members’ best interests? LOL!

I doubt you can fathom just how completely out of <removed> the European Union (of the 27) is, about Brexit.

Brits then going on to blame the EU for their own ineptitude after-the-fact would be both highly amusing for a while (it’d get boring fast) and highly instructive to future trading partners ;)

Edited by nikki-red

No, I'm blaming leave voters who, rather than hold successive governments to account have instead ignored the facts and belived the tabloids and charlatans like farage and Johnson.

How are they meant to do that when it would mean a wasted vote for either UKIP or one of the other small parties?

And Leave voters have every right to expect the UK to leave the EU. End of.

My wife said she is fed up of hearing about brexit. She said that another referendum would be wrong. According to her our politicians are paid well and should be able to deal with the consequences of brexit if not what's the point of them? I believe most people are thinking the same.