The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I'm not disputing that, but when it all goes wrong I know who to blame. Of course, if it's unicorns all round I'll give you all the plaudits.

Sound fair?

That's fair enough.

I just don't think anyone should be be blamed for exercising their democratic right. I also don't think there was a right or wrong choice on the 2016 EU Referendum ballot paper.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Just as long as you are all prepared to accept the consequences...

It makes no difference how any of us personally voted, we all will have to accept the consequences, if we continue to live in the UK.

That's fair enough.

I just don't think anyone should be be blamed for exercising their democratic right. I also don't think there was a right or wrong choice on the 2016 EU Referendum ballot paper.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 13:50 ----------

It makes no difference how any of us personally voted, we all will have to accept the consequences, if we continue to live in the UK.

It's OK Obelix left the UK back from the very first thread.

Those consequences could be anything up to and including civil disorder. I wouldnt be that surprised if there was a kristellnacht style bit of civil disoirder on all those who used to have big brexit banners in the windows on the run up to the vote...

I just don't think anyone should be be blamed for exercising their democratic right.
I read that, and am reminded of family feuds that I’ve seen, that are still ongoing to this day, about 4 decades after Mrs Thatcher was voted in; and of others, still ongoing around 3 decades after the Miners’ strike.

Leave voters can forgive themselves easily enough, all the easier if their sense of responsibilities isn’t particularly developed. They just might want to wish others who know how they voted, to be as forgiving as they are to themselves :twisted:

I read that, and am reminded of family feuds that I’ve seen, that are still ongoing to this day, about 4 decades after Mrs Thatcher was voted in; and of others, still ongoing around 3 decades after the Miners’ strike.

Leave voters can forgive themselves easily enough, all the easier if their sense of responsibilities isn’t particularly developed. They just might want to wish others who know how they voted, to be as forgiving as they are to themselves :twisted:

I don't think normal people care how other members of their family, neighbours, or work colleagues voted in the referendum. Any feud is a media generated feud unlike the fallout regarding the miners strike, which was and still is a genuine bitter feud.

I don't think normal people care how other members of their family, neighbours, or work colleagues voted in the referendum. Any feud is a media generated feud unlike the fallout regarding the miners strike, which was and still is a genuine bitter feud.

When this impacts negatively upon jobs, the health service, pay and pensions, then people will certainly care how others voted.

Let's hope you are prepared for the backlash.

Those consequences could be anything up to and including civil disorder. I wouldnt be that surprised if there was a kristellnacht style bit of civil disoirder on all those who used to have big brexit banners in the windows on the run up to the vote...

I don't think that pampered, privileged Remainers have either the will or the courage to smash windows in working class areas that voted to Leave the EU big business club.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 16:54 ----------

If Tarquin and Cressida can only afford to take two foreign holidays next year due to Brexit negatively effecting their share portfolio, I find it very difficult to believe that these stereotypical wealthy Remain voters would dare to take it out on working class Leave voters...

When this impacts negatively upon jobs, the health service, pay and pensions, then people will certainly care how others voted.

Let's hope you are prepared for the backlash.

You won't find many people willing to admit to voting for brexit if this happens. I already know a few brexiteers who used to crow about it continually who now never raise the subject, having seen the mess it has turned into.