The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Project Fear.

Usual reply from you...you reckon that they wern't smart enough to see the issues..?

Explain this then

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-brexit-second-referendum-motion-conference-option-remain-a8554731.html

"Speaking in favour of the motion, Sir Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, received a standing ovation when he told the conference hall that remaining in the EU could be an option in any future public vote."

Project Fear.

All these clowns shouting 'Project Fear!' make me think of the story of The Emporer's New Clothes.

The Brexiteers are the crowd watching Brexit go by on a carriage shouting "Look at the fine clothes!", "What wonderful cloth!" "What style!", while remainers are the little boy shouting "Look, the Emporer's got no clothes!" :D

There is no legal responsibility to participate. Or even in some cases to register

There is however a legal and democratic right to correct mistakes later.

The arrogance of that post is stupendous.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 02:51 ----------

I'm afraid your post sums up quite magnificently why so many people chose to ignore the wishes of a remote, haughty elite and vote to Leave the EU.

I do agree with you on some things though, as I believe that the global economic system will barely register a blip due to Brexit in the long term.

But overall your post reeks of old fashioned deference to an out of touch elite which, in this digital age, belongs in the twentieth century dustbin of history.

What you said.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 02:57 ----------

I'm not disputing that, but when it all goes wrong I know who to blame. Of course, if it's unicorns all round I'll give you all the plaudits.

Sound fair?

Absolutely. I'll take that.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 03:06 ----------

Those consequences could be anything up to and including civil disorder. I wouldnt be that surprised if there was a kristellnacht style bit of civil disoirder on all those who used to have big brexit banners in the windows on the run up to the vote...

* Kristallnacht. And daring to even recall that event and frame it with 'bit of civil disorder' accentuates your ignorance.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 03:13 ----------

Are Tarquin and Cressida amongst the 65% of Labour voters who wanted to remain?

Possibly. Did their roller break down on the way to the polling station?

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 03:20 ----------

All these clowns shouting 'Project Fear!' make me think of the story of The Emporer's New Clothes.

The Brexiteers are the crowd watching Brexit go by on a carriage shouting "Look at the fine clothes!", "What wonderful cloth!" "What style!", while remainers are the little boy shouting "Look, the Emporer's got no clothes!" :D

Clowns that can spell Emperor. :roll:

What you said.

* Kristallnacht. And daring to even recall that event and frame it with 'bit of civil disorder' accentuates your ignorance.

Have you actually said of anything of value?

Check out Farage’s Facebook poll on whether we should remain or leave. 730k respondents so far.

What you said.

Like I said you don’t understand democracy

and read the government no deal-preparation notices :roll:

So many consequences announced before and since the referendum in June 2016, all summarily dismissed as “Project Fear” by the cerebrally-impaired, and yet fully validated in these notices very late in the day. Food & medicine shortages, lorry queues, grounded planes, etc, etc.

No surprise howsoever to anyone moderately able to look up facts and connect dots with logic and common sense.

I can’t hardly wait to witness the sheer scale of the public outrage come 2019 :hihi:

The fact that you thought correcting spelling before your synthetic outrage tells me volumes about how outraged you really are.

Rather than your ad hominem care to refute the argument and comparison being made?

Check out Farage’s Facebook poll on whether we should remain or leave. 730k respondents so far.

Is it biased though? I'd imagine the only people who follow that nutter and contribute to his page would be leavers anyway.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 10:35 ----------

Actually, EZ, I apologise. I've just seen the poll shared on someone else's timeline.

At time of posting, 748.7K votes

Leave: 39%

Remain: 61%

They also have another poll:

SHOULD TOMMY ROBINSON BE ALLOWED TO ENTER UKIP?

78% - YES OF COURSE!

22% - ABSOLUTELY NOT!

My faith is restored!

Edited by alchresearch

What you said.

If you had bothered to read my short response to the reply to my previous post you would have seen how meaningless, badly-informed, incorrect and typically futile was your own response 'What you said' (as well as being arguably grammatically incorrect). On such poor responses as you give to all posters is the country's future, sadly, being decided. To quote something I read somewhere, 'The arrogance of that post is stupendous'!