The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Show me where in the EU Referendum Act 2015, as approved by Parliament vote, does it say that the government will enact the outcome. Here is a clue: it doesn’t.

That is to the contrary of the 2011 AV referendum, which had such enacting clauses.

You don’t get to invent facts to suit your arguments.

You can draw my attention all you want, repeatedly and even with a flake in it. It still doesn’t make you factually right.

You don’t. You (are another who-) believe in mob rule.

Democracy in the U.K. is representative, and so exactly how I summarised it above: Parliament is sovereign, not the people, so the ‘will of the people’ is whatever Parliament yays through votes. Not what politicians -even in government- say, nor what people believe, rightly or wrongly irrespective.

If you don’t like it, campaign to change it. In the meantime, that’s how it is.

After that, whether I’m a Remainer or a Brexiteers or a doesn’t give a F, makes not a blind bit of difference to the above (FWIW, I’m now hoping for a hard Brexit tbh, just so Brexiteers can learn and measure the extent of their ignorance at the coal face of soviet era-like shop shelves and no other NHS than emergencies: see, I’m on your side after all :twisted::D).

I can only post what David Camaron said just before the Referendum vote. That you seem to be incapable of understanding his words is not my fault.

Here you are, read, learn and inwardly digest the information given from Mr Camarons mouth, just before the vote.

" And remember : they cannot undo the decision we take.

If we vote out, that's it.

It is irreversible.

We will leave Europe - for good."

It's not difficult to understand is it, just four lines and 24 words that you have no answer for, neither have any other of the remoaners. Posting insults to those who have a different view on Brexit to yourself, just makes you look foolish. So foolish I will now ignore any more of your posts on this subject, just to save you from embarrassing yourself any further.

Have a nice evening.

Angel1.

I can only post what David Camaron said just before the Referendum vote. That you seem to be incapable of understanding his words is not my fault.

Here you are, read, learn and inwardly digest the information given from Mr Camarons mouth, just before the vote.

It is irreversible.

It's not difficult to understand is it, just four lines and 24 words that you have no answer for, neither have any other of the remoaners. Posting insults to those who have a different view on Brexit to yourself, just makes you look foolish. So foolish I will now ignore any more of your posts on this subject, just to save you from embarrassing yourself any further.

Have a nice evening.

Angel1.

Cameron isn't in charge he could have prom..........

Forget it. You didn't understand it last time you won't understand it this time.

It is irreversible.

but its wrong

we could have a 2nd referendum, we could retract article 50

It is irreversible.

Have a nice evening.

Angel1.

Boris disagreed...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-eu-referendum-single-market-brexit-a7104846.html?amp

Then a 3rd ? I honestly think we are heading for a bad or no deal now because of the fudge deal that was supposedly done at Chequers.

"No Deal" would suit Brexiters wouldn't it? They want out no matter what..apparently that's what they voted for...

Then a 3rd ? I honestly think we are heading for a bad or no deal now because of the fudge deal that was supposedly done at Chequers.

To be fair that unicorn fudge cake surprise was always going to get knocked back by the eu. Given the timescale I think we are heading towards no brexit or hard brexit.

Anyone's guess, which we will get and who will deliver it.

Interesting to see what David Davis was predicting in 2016 and what this wretched government has actually achieved.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/david-davis-brexit-dominic-raab-theresa-may-a8438346.html

“Within minutes of a vote for #Brexit CEOs would be knocking down Chancellor Merkel’s door. Demanding access to the British market. It’s not just German cars, the same would happen in industries across Europe, all demanding uninterrupted access to the UK market.”

The only thing he appears to have got right in the last 2 years is that “The fishing industry is mainly focused on coastal towns.”

<…>

I understand his words just fine.

But they weren't couched into the EU Referendum Act 2015, and weren't put to a Parliamentary vote.

They were, to paraphrase Mr David Davis (:D), a "statement of intent", and nothing more than that. That intent vanished when he bottled the Article 50 declaration he was going to drop there and then (do you remember that statement of intent too, by any chance?) and walked out of No.10 instead.

Had his words been transposed into the EU Parliament Act 2015, e.g. as a written clause stating that the result would be binding upon any current or future UK government, you would have a point.

As a matter of fact, because they hadn't been transposed in any way, shape or form in the Act (I've long believed that was a deliberate, pro-active fudge 'planted' to justify not acting on a leave majority vote), it was an empty promise, a threat - call it whatever you like; and that's why you don't have a point. All you have is a belief in a politician's rethoric, which he wasn't compelled to act upon under the British democratic system, to the extent that he could walk away from it the very morning after.

That you seem to be incapable of understanding the legislative process of your own country, and what the sovereignty of Parliament means in practice and in context, is not my fault. God knows I've tried and my posts about the topic, recent and old, are all the evidence needed: they aren't biased one way or the other, they're just fact-based commentary. That you see them as "moaning remainer stuff" says all that needs to be said, tbh.

Posting insults to those who have a different view on Brexit to yourself, just makes you look foolish.
What insults? :confused: Quote the post(s), please.

So foolish I will now ignore any more of your posts on this subject, just to save you from embarrassing yourself any further.
Suit yourself, it's a free world.

But rest assured that I don't feel embarrassed in the slightest, and certainly not when I've been nothing but vindicated for over 2 years now: I've seen all this to come, over years and months ago, going back to February 2016 (and probably even before). All my old posts are still there, all the evidence anyone else cares to look at :)

You have a nice evening too.

Edited by L00b
added link