The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I think you are wrong about contributions per head of population because the BBC have the UK ranked the 7th largest net contributor per head of population.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8036097.stm#start

The UK have the late great Margaret Thatcher to thank for negotiating a rebate from the EU resulting in lower contributions as a percentage of GDP.

and thats what politicians are for :thumbsup: do you think later politicians have failed in their duty? should we have pushed to change things in the EU and get better deals? rather than just run away?

as for those arguing the toss about how how much we pay and how much we get back off the EU, thats not the point, the point is we have a decent economy, the countries with better and bigger economies and revunue pay more to support the less off countries. thats how "friends" should be. Thats why we pay more than others, we are better off.

but not for long :rolleyes:

and thats what politicians are for :thumbsup: do you think later politicians have failed in their duty? should we have pushed to change things in the EU and get better deals? rather than just run away?

as for those arguing the toss about how how much we pay and how much we get back off the EU, thats not the point, the point is we have a decent economy, the countries with better and bigger economies and revunue pay more to support the less off countries. thats how "friends" should be. Thats why we pay more than others, we are better off.

but not for long :rolleyes:

David Cameron pushed to change things before the referendum vote and was unsuccessful in obtaining meaningful changes.

I support the UK giving foreign aid, but the reason the UK joined the then EEC was for economic / trade reasons and not for charitable reasons. The UK taxpayer are not getting good value for money when the UK is one of the biggest contributors to the EU budget and has a massive trade deficit with the other combined EU members. Not contributing to the EU budget will be a positive factor after the UK leave the EU.

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 17:43 ----------

Looked it up, you are quite right.

Our applications to join were vetoed by France ( ! ) in 1963 and 1967. We Joined in 1973, with a referendum following in 1975, to approve retaining membership.

Nicola Sturgeon should look up about the veto because Spain are more likely than ever to use the veto, to prevent a future independent Scotland from joining the EEC.

I support the UK giving foreign aid, but the reason the UK joined the then EEC was for economic / trade reasons and not for charitable reasons. The UK taxpayer are not getting good value for money when the UK is one of the biggest contributors to the EU budget and has a massive trade deficit with the other combined EU members. Not contributing to the EU budget will be a positive factor after the UK leave the EU.

me me me me me me me :roll:

What's wrong with putting this countries needs first, as opposed to us funding roadbuilding projects in Bulgaria?

I’d sooner spend money extending the M67 to Sheffield; the Tories would sooner build Crossrail 2 from London to the South East.

Sorry, I know I’ve mentioned this to you before . . .

I’d sooner spend money extending the M67 to Sheffield; the Tories would sooner build Crossrail 2 from London to the South East.

Well, hopefully it will form part of the next GE manifestos, and people can decide who to vote for accordingly.

I currently have very little influence over the EU budget, it's hard enough making politicians in this country follow what we want, but at least we have some sort of a chance.

Stop talking common sense, you will be upsetting the natives.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 20:10 ----------

Luckily, in 2016 people had woken up to the poisonous EU and voted to get the hell out of that farce.

Another good post, crikey that's two on one page, most unusual.

Angel1.

Well, hopefully it will form part of the next GE manifestos, and people can decide who to vote for accordingly.

I currently have very little influence over the EU budget, it's hard enough making politicians in this country follow what we want, but at least we have some sort of a chance.

Do you remember voting for MEPs at some point in the past?