The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Yes, it gives the uk electrorate 1/28 of the say of what's done. If you explain to me how I can vote Juncker out, I'll be onboard.

You might want to do a little research into the number of MEPs for each country.

Start with Germany and then look at Malta, see if your 1/28 stands up to scrutiny.

Also, this should help you out regarding how the President of the European Commission is elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_European_Commission

I take it you didn't research before the EU referendum, would that be fair?

You might want to do a little research into the number of MEPs for each country.

Start with Germany and then look at Malta, see if your 1/28 stands up to scrutiny.

Also, this should help you out regarding how the President of the European Commission is elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_European_Commission

I take it you didn't research before the EU referendum, would that be fair?

Ok, we've got about 9% not 1/28 . Concept is still the same.

So, can you briefly explain how I can vote out our President?

No, it wouldn't be fair, it would be condescending.

Stop talking common sense, you will be upsetting the natives.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 20:10 ----------

Another good post, crikey that's two on one page, most unusual.

Angel1.

Please don't say you think that by leaving the EU we'll get some investment oop north because that's beyond stupid. Not just stupid, but not-allowed-to-leave-the-house-on-your-own stupid.

Ok, we've got about 9% not 1/28 . Concept is still the same.

No, it wouldn't be fair, it would be condescending.

It's called proportional representation but you get a say via your MEP, as much as you get a say in what happens with the UK government via your MP.

I'll let you read how the president is elected, my job isn't to educate.

Here's a thought, you could have written to your MEP to clear it all up.

A little late now though, shame.

It's called proportional representation but you get a say via your MEP, as much as you get a say in what happens with the UK government via your MP.

I'll let you read how the president is elected, my job isn't to educate.

Here's a thought, you could have written to your MEP to clear it all up.

A little late now though, shame.

I'll summarise for you, seeing as you don't want to say it - We can't vote him out.

Our say in the governance of the eu is ckearly diluted, compared to our say in the British parliament. Trying to claim otherwise is clearly pointless. You may support EU membership, but why prerend it's something it's not?

I'll summarise for you, seeing as you don't want to say it - We can't vote him out.

Our say in the governance of the eu is ckearly diluted, compared to our say in the British parliament. Trying to claim otherwise is clearly pointless. You may support EU membership, but why prerend it's something it's not?

You obviously haven't read it or you'd understand how the elections take place.

As for 'our say', the UK had a veto, which you have conveniently forgotten (or didn't know in the first place).

So how about you stop pretending what EU membership is?

Yes. You’d do it in exactly the same way that you would vote out our Chancellor of the Exchequer, or Foreign Sec.

And slightly more easily than you could vote out our Head of State.

You obviously haven't read it or you'd understand how the elections take place.

As for 'our say', the UK had a veto, which you have conveniently forgotten (or didn't know in the first place).

So how about you stop pretending what EU membership is?

Cameron opposed Junckers presidency, but couldn't stop it.

It's perfectly clear our say in the eu, is less than our say in our own parliament.