The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I can see why you support Brexit now.

"My way or the highway"

Boy are they in for a fall, after the pride bit :hihi:

Edit: those who eventually realise it, that is. Others will happily continue to get mushroomed.

Edited by L00b

Please don't say you think that by leaving the EU we'll get some investment oop north because that's beyond stupid. Not just stupid, but not-allowed-to-leave-the-house-on-your-own stupid.

This point can't be emphasised strongly enough!

When things rapidly start to go downhill post-Brexit, it is London and the South East which will get most of the shrinking cake and we'll be lucky to get crumbs off the table.

And those advocating a Rees-Mogg/Bojo the Clown Brexit, do you really think those two even know that anything worth caring about, exists north of Watford Gap?

Acc.to noises, a deal may have just been concluded in principle, between the negotiating teams.

All-UK CU backstop, N.I.-only goods-only SM backstop, no term.

Can't hardly wait to see the spin getting in full flow on that mother :D

Edited by L00b

Well, hopefully it will form part of the next GE manifestos, and people can decide who to vote for accordingly.

I currently have very little influence over the EU budget, it's hard enough making politicians in this country follow what we want, but at least we have some sort of a chance.

Stop kidding yourself :)

---------- Post added 09-10-2018 at 23:39 ----------

Because it reduces our democratic rights, yes, glad you see now.

What democratic rights have been taken away from you?

Aah, revert to the old 'I'm clever and your not' , If that's all you've got, stick with it.

Did I say that?

The information on MEPs, European Commission/president was out there for everyone.

Yet you either failed to find it, or didn't want to find it because of confirmation bias.

Acc.to noises, a deal may have just been concluded in principle, between the negotiating teams.

All-UK CU backstop, N.I.-only goods-only SM backstop, no term.

Can't hardly wait to see the spin getting in full flow on that mother :D

If May has got to that point then she’s done her job. But The whole thing will be destroyed on a whim by the DUP, Tory rebels, SNP, most of Labour

It’s not going to fly. 250 votes max in the commons

Did I say that?

The information on MEPs, European Commission/president was out there for everyone.

Yet you either failed to find it, or didn't want to find it because of confirmation bias.

There's no confirmation bias. Our say, through MEPs is 9% in the European parliament. Correct me if I'm wrong.

All power centred in the UK gives UK voters more democratic influence.

Rather than say 'go and look it up' could you craft some sentences yourself to explain why you think that's a wrong opinion?

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 09:37 ----------

Originally Posted by woodview View Post

Well, hopefully it will form part of the next GE manifestos, and people can decide who to vote for accordingly.

I currently have very little influence over the EU budget, it's hard enough making politicians in this country follow what we want, but at least we have some sort of a chance.

Stop kidding yourself :)

I agree, influencing Westminster is very difficult. Influencing Brussells is even harder (impossible?). I can't see MEPs quaking in their boots about losing their seat. At least with government in Westminster there exists the worry that the local MP can lose their seat, and consequently the governing party lose control of parliament.

I'd rather have more regionalised decison making and spending powers, not cetralised power, going further removed from the voter base.