The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Personally, I think the backlash would be strong. Breaking a 'reasonable' deal in the commons for political games would be very unpopular imo.

There is no such thing as a reasonable deal, as all deals will be deeply damaging to the UK economy.

If Labour are going to retain their pro-Brexit stand, a better strategy would be to advocate putting an indefinite hold on the March 29th deadline to review the whole mess, which could include an option for another referendum.

There is no such thing as a reasonable deal, as all deals will be deeply damaging to the UK economy.

If Labour are going to retain their pro-Brexit stand, a better strategy would be to advocate putting an indefinite hold on the March 29th deadline to review the whole mess, which could include an option for another referendum.

Ok, that's your opinion, and the line Labour may take.

But that would then be judged by the nation. If a proprtion of their support believed the deal was actually OK, labour will suffer big time.

They need to think carefully about whether they are playing games, or being genuine, if they vote down a deal with the DUP.

But that would then be judged by the nation. If a proprtion of their support believed the deal was actually OK, labour will suffer big time.

As I said earlier, all deals will damage the UK economy and as always, the poorest among us will suffer worst and that means Labour voters by and large.

Labour's best chance of power is to sack off Brexit altogether, force a general election then make Brexit the core election issue. I have always maintained that Labour standing on an anti Brexit ticket would not only garner significant support from remain Tories, Greens and Lib Dems but ironically the economic and financial markets would rally sterling at the prospect of a return to stability even if it was in the shape of a left of centre Corbyn government.

You're spouting utter dishonest nonsense. During the last two years those who don't respect the democratic decision made by the UK people have been prolific at attempting to block the decision the democratic UK people made. The only people who deserve a say in how the UK exit the EU are the democratic people who voted to leave the EU, who were on the winning side of the democratic vote. As the democratic EU referendum was conducted by secret ballot,there is no way of verifying the democratic people who voted to leave the EU, so it is up to Parliament to either accept the agreement our Government make with the EU or reject the deal, meaning the UK leave the EU without a trade deal.

No I’m not spouting nonsense.

You want any old Brexit, as long as it’s Brexit, regardless of the consequences.

The democratic people deserve better than to have those like yourself working against their interests.

As I said earlier, all deals will damage the UK economy and as always, the poorest among us will suffer worst and that means Labour voters by and large.

Labour's best chance of power is to sack off Brexit altogether, force a general election then make Brexit the core election issue. I have always maintained that Labour standing on an anti Brexit ticket would not only garner significant support from remain Tories, Greens and Lib Dems but ironically the economic and financial markets would rally sterling at the prospect of a return to stability even if it was in the shape of a left of centre Corbyn government.

A free trade deal won't damage the poorest. I'd be interested how Labour can justifiable oppose that.

You're spouting utter dishonest nonsense. During the last two years those who don't respect the democratic decision made by the UK people have been prolific at attempting to block the decision the democratic UK people made. The only people who deserve a say in how the UK exit the EU are the democratic people who voted to leave the EU, who were on the winning side of the democratic vote. As the democratic EU referendum was conducted by secret ballot,there is no way of verifying the democratic people who voted to leave the EU, so it is up to Parliament to either accept the agreement our Government make with the EU or reject the deal, meaning the UK leave the EU without a trade deal.

How very democratic of you..will they also be the ones called upon to pay for any economic disaster after brexit?

How very democratic of you..will they also be the ones called upon to pay for any economic disaster after brexit?

there has been decades of sewing the EU into a tangled unit, the woman had it write on QT the other week when she said every one is stumped, how to get out. The only way is to not negotiate just tare it up and bag out.

Edited by phil752

But the Lib Dems stood on an anti-Brexit ticket and support for them was laughable.

You are wrong when you say that the majority of Labour supporters are remainers. The majority of Labour supporters at the conference are remainers, but not of Labour voters. Northern towns that voted leave, they are traditional Labour heartlands.

Edited by Lex Luthor