The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Yup, turkeys voting for christmas

idiots :roll:

Except they have changed their minds - the opinion is now the other way, and the majority want a chance to use democracy and change their minds..

Except Leave won't let them....

Talk about a dictatorship...

Except they have changed their minds - the opinion is now the other way, and the majority want a chance to use democracy and change their minds..

No doubt helped by the government commissioned reports that said that not only would those areas be hit first by Brexit, but also hit hardest. No wonder May and Co. tried to hide those reports from the public and parliament.

Not wanting to put anyone down, but if you live in an economically deprived area, you don't vote for something which will weaken the economy.

If you do, you will be first to take the hit. :(

No it wasnt. In fact , now we know just how tangled up with the EU we are , it re-enforces my view we were right to vote to Leave. How we ended up so tied up and bound to other countries beggars belief. We need to make sure we leave totally .

Of course we’re tangled up with the EU. It’s 0 miles from NI and 23 miles across the channel.

Seriously, are you stupid? Do you think the EU is thousands of miles away or something?

It’s our major trading partner. Trade with the EU and through EU-brokered free trade deals is 67% of our trade.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I don't know what you're importing but when I import stuff from India it can take 3 or 4 days ages to get through customs at their end and a day or so at this end, then I've got UPS on my doorstep with his hand out for VAT and duty. Stuff from Poland is as easy to get as from Peterborough.

I don't import anything from India, so couldn't comment on them.

But from China, if I buy a batch of electric motors, they aren't held in uk customs at all. The carrier knows the commodity code and value from the shipping documents. They get delivered, and I pay VAT and tariffs to the carrier afterwards on account. It's a piece of cake.

So, that can be the same if we just walked out on bad terms with no deals. Most likely is a deal is done and commerce continues as-is. The biggest threats to it are the political snakes in parliament.

But from China, if I buy a batch of electric motors, they aren't held in uk customs at all. The carrier knows the commodity code and value from the shipping documents. They get delivered, and I pay VAT and tariffs to the carrier afterwards on account.

But isn't that because a trade deal has been agreed previously?

How long did that deal take to agree?

None of this structure as been put in place for Europe because the Government is incompetent.

I don't import anything from India, so couldn't comment on them.

But from China, if I buy a batch of electric motors, they aren't held in uk customs at all. The carrier knows the commodity code and value from the shipping documents. They get delivered, and I pay VAT and tariffs to the carrier afterwards on account. It's a piece of cake.

So, that can be the same if we just walked out on bad terms with no deals. Most likely is a deal is done and commerce continues as-is. The biggest threats to it are the political snakes in parliament.

My bold.

Can it?

Under what trade agreement?

But isn't that because a trade deal has been agreed previously?

How long did that deal take to agree?

None of this structure as been put in place for Europe because the Government is incompetent.

No, they come with trade tariffs payable.

Agreed, they've had two years to sort a deal, now they are doing it in the last 10 minutes as predicted. That doesn't make the concept wrong.

Also the EU were never going to make it a painless process, so they could disuade others from leaving. The border issue has been a godsend for them.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 10:36 ----------

My bold.

Can it?

Under what trade agreement?

WTO, or any other arrangement that is in place with that country. You pay the designated tariff and vat. The carrier pays it to HMRC or foreign equivalent, you pay them. It happens now.

I do it now, weekly, in my business. If you have actual experience to the contrary, you can give details.

WTO, or any other arrangement that is in place with that country. You pay the designated tariff and vat. The carrier pays it to HMRC or foreign equivalent, you pay them. It happens now.

I do it now, weekly, in my business. If you have actual experience to the contrary, you can give details.

I've asked this before, but you don't seem to answer it.

Under what trade agreement do you import/export now?