The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Anybody who is affected by this nonsense counts, whether you like it or not.

Whichever way you look at the figures, in 2016 the majority of people in the UK did not want to leave the EU and in 2018 that majority is even bigger.

The fact that leave supporters are terrified of another vote means that they know that clinging on to the discredited vote in 2016 is the only way to achieve their ambitions.

In 2016 I knew very little about all this Brexit stuff, but I was under the impression that if I voted leave we would all be much better off..2yrs later I find myself much better educated, confusion, uncertainty and no benefits at all.. I now feel this country is heading for economic Armageddon, I made a big mistake voting leave, and would like the opportunity to change my mind.

In 2016 I knew very little about all this Brexit stuff, but I was under the impression that if I voted leave we would all be much better off..2yrs later I find myself much better educated, confusion, uncertainty and no benefits at all.. I now feel this country is heading for economic Armageddon, I made a big mistake voting leave, and would like the opportunity to change my mind.

Tough luck. Lock doctor says you can't use that knowledge or change your mind and you can't vote again because its undemocratic. Ask him for job At his unicorn factory.

I made a big mistake voting leave, and would like the opportunity to change my mind.

I wanted to change my mind after a number of General Elections so should I not also have had the chance to vote again after a GE? I have to wait until another GE comes up, and the unhappy referendum voters should also have to wait as well. By all means ask for another vote but at least wait till we have left!

I wanted to change my mind after a number of General Elections so should I not also have had the chance to vote again after a GE? I have to wait until another GE comes up, and the unhappy referendum voters should also have to wait as well. By all means ask for another vote but at least wait till we have left!

But we will never ever ever get the sort of deal we get now. If, sorry when, we want to rejoin when the economy tanks for an extended period of time and we realise our huge mistake, we won't have a choice but to go in on far worse terms which will include joining the euro and schengen. The other stuff we will lose like passporting won't ever be coming back. You don't understand the deal you're throwing away.

Anybody who is affected by this nonsense counts, whether you like it or not.

Whichever way you look at the figures, in 2016 the majority of people in the UK did not want to leave the EU and in 2018 that majority is even bigger.

The fact that leave supporters are terrified of another vote means that they know that clinging on to the discredited vote in 2016 is the only way to achieve their ambitions.

You are making a huge assumption about the 28% of the electorate who didn't vote being remainers. If 51% of the 72% voted to leave then there's a reasonable argument that there would be a similar split between the remaining 28%.

A no deal certainly wont take us back to 1940. I am not worried about the prospect of a no deal. The sooner the UK Government decide a non deal is the best option, then all the preparations, if needed can be given top priority.
1st bit in bold: you should be, because...

2nd bit in bold:...it’s way past too late for these preparations, for any deal less ‘EU-y’ than Norway...

...and it’s still looking like a ‘no deal’, more than ever.

Frankly, at the current stage and level of public information, considering the UK government’s own notices about a ‘no deal’ outcome, only an imbecile (dictionary definition: unable to understand and process information) -or a troll- wouldn’t see any problem with ‘no deal’.

5 years between GEs .. how long before another referendum? 20y 40y 50y never? The time for another vote is now,not after we've left..the deal we have with the EU now is far better than any we'd get if we tried to re-enter..euro/shengen/rebates etcetc..

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 15:29 ----------

You are making a huge assumption about the 28% of the electorate who didn't vote being remainers. If 51% of the 72% voted to leave then there's a reasonable argument that there would be a similar split between the remaining 28%.

Even now all the possible ramifications are coming out? Haven't seen any that show us being better off than we are now..

Not really a reasonable argument as even during the referendum campaign, both sides agreed that it was much easier to motivate people to vote to change something than vote to leave things as they are.

This is borne out in a number of post-referendum polls of those who abstained, where not only did remainers outnumber leave voters by two to one but if only 50% of those abstainers had turned out on the day, remain would have won by a margin of about four million votes.

Whichever way you look at it, the majority of adults in the UK have never supported leaving the EU either in 2016 or now. Trying to claim that they do simply on a narrow advantage in a non binding vote where not everyone voted, is fraudulent.

Edited by Top Cats Hat

5 years between GEs .. how long before another referendum? 20y 40y 50y never? The time for another vote is now,not after we've left..the deal we have with the EU now is far better than any we'd get if we tried to re-enter..euro/shengen/rebates etcetc..

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 15:29 ----------

Even now all the possible ramifications are coming out? Haven't seen any that show us being better off than we are now..

That doesn’t matter at all.The UK voted out ,and out it must be.

We have no believable benefits to come,but plenty of evidence of difficulties and hardship for our people and our economy,otherwise called Project Fear.

We don’t want to be part of the most stable and beneficial trading bloc in the world.

We want the freedom to negotiate our own deals with Russia,China and the African Continent,whilst setting up trade barriers with France,Germany et al.

We want to control our borders like what Mrs May promised when she was Home Secretary.

Of course it would be very nice to hear from any Brexit supporter who can contribute their ideas on why the hell Brexit is a good idea.

I wanted to change my mind after a number of General Elections so should I not also have had the chance to vote again after a GE?

With a very close vote you do.

Democracies all over the world where a general election produces an inconclusive result will usually see another election within months of the first, once it becomes obvious that normal government is impossible.

This is no different.