The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

You know as well as everyone else that every credible forecast, including the government's own which they even tried to hide from parliament, say that the UK will be much worse off after leaving the EU.

Maybe you would like to show us an alternative view that doesn't consist of anything more than wishful thinking?

You're trying to apply logic to the most illogical person on this forum.

Oh dear!

Rather a lot of people marching in London today demanding a say in the future of their country! The biggest march in London since the Stop the War March in 2003.

"People's Vote march: 'Hundreds of thousands' attending London protest"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45925542

I spent decades covering protests in Capital including Stop the War Demos, rightly or wrongly they rarely have swayed the Government whichever party that is in power at the time.

Did that include The poll tax protests?

Poll tax riots in London of 200,000 along with protests in other towns and cities reversed government policy.

Today we have 670,000 mobilise in London. Want a bet this will have no effect?

Poll tax riots in London of 200,000 along with protests in other towns and cities reversed government policy.

I think we've got our wires crossed, I hope today's turnout will have an effect.

Who for?......

Me, freelancer, as my press passes use to state Bona fied newsgatherer.

So I've had and seen plenty of Carp from all sides, Left, Right, Police etc etc.:hihi:

---------- Post added 20-10-2018 at 18:09 ----------

Did that include The poll tax protests?

As I said, Rarely :cool:

---------- Post added 20-10-2018 at 18:18 ----------

Factor in, How many would of those that showed up today would be eligible to vote in a referendum then add it to the number the Remain vote previously and you'd be a bit nearer winning.

It's far from clear cut or being odds on.

If it had rained the selfie brigade, day and party trippers would have stayed at home, if there was another vote, pray for another sunny dry day:D

Not being optimistic, I wouldn't get too carried away by today.

Edited by steve68

Me, freelancer, as my press passes use to state Bona fied newsgatherer.

So I've had and seen plenty of Carp from all sides, Left, Right, Police etc etc.:hihi:

---------- Post added 20-10-2018 at 18:09 ----------

As I said, Rarely :cool:

Factor in, How many would of those that showed up today would be eligible to vote in a referendum then add it to the number the Remain vote previously and you'd be a bit nearer winning.

It's far from clear cut or being odds on.

If it had rained the selfie brigade, day and party trippers would have stayed at home, if there was another vote, pray for another sunny dry day:D

Not being optimistic, I wouldn't get too carried away by today.

Bona fied bullpooer more like.

Also factor in that these people are in the main very well educated remainers who would not riot as they have too much to lose. They are certainly not the poll tax rioting left wing anarchist types.