The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

So a large number of educated, English speaking Indians arriving here will be just what you want then right?

I am not saying there will be a large number of educated, English speaking Indians arriving here. If there is a shortage of UK skilled workers in the future, then I don't have a problem, if Indian workers are given work permits to enable them to fill vacancies. It seems to be posters here, who still haven't accepted the democratic EU referendum result, who are saying there will be large numbers of Indians arriving in the UK after Brexit.

I am not saying there will be a large number of educated, English speaking Indians arriving here. If there is a shortage of UK skilled workers in the future, then I don't have a problem, if Indian workers are given work permits to enable them to fill vacancies. It seems to be posters here, who still haven't accepted the democratic EU referendum result, who are saying there will be large numbers of Indians arriving in the UK after Brexit.

I know you aren't, I am saying that. You're assuming permits will be issued after a UK/India trade deal. If there are permits, there will an awful lot of them. They will be filling vacancies alright.....

As has been said many, many times on this thread, those who voted for Brexit to reduce the number of black and brown faces they see have almost certainly made sure that the opposite will happen!

It has??? I doubt that was many then as I dont know of a country within the EU whose population could remotely be passed off as having black or brown faces. :huh:

I know you aren't, I am saying that. You're assuming permits will be issued after a UK/India trade deal. If there are permits, there will an awful lot of them. They will be filling vacancies alright.....

I am not assuming anything. I have only stated I don't have a problem with skilled Indian workers filling skilled job vacancies that can't be filled by UK people. It is others who are assuming a future trade deal between the UK and India will make it easier for Indians to come to the UK. In my opinion no future trade deals with any country should be connected to freedom of movement of people, given the fact the UK are leaving the EU single market where freedom of movement of people happens.

Trump tells May to abandon 'unjustified' food standards for Brexit trade deal

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-uk-must-bin-unjustified-food-standards-for-brexit-trade-deal-2018-10

Quote:

under US food regulation, producers are allowed certain amounts of foreign bodies like maggots, rat-hair and mould in a range of food products sold to consumers.

Yummy!

Scroll down to Commodities and Defect Action Levels

https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/SanitationTransportation/ucm056174.htm

Yummy indeed.

I am not assuming anything. I have only stated I don't have a problem with skilled Indian workers filling skilled job vacancies that can't be filled by UK people. It is others who are assuming a future trade deal between the UK and India will make it easier for Indians to come to the UK. In my opinion no future trade deals with any country should be connected to freedom of movement of people, given the fact the UK are leaving the EU single market where freedom of movement of people happens.

So you know, for an absolute fact, that when the UK, as the junior partner in a trade deal with India we won't end up with a huge amount of Indian graduates heading our way going for ANY job?

Look who is driving the bus. If Davis gets in, that's exactly what will happen. Now it might be dressed up differently but that's going to be the end result. Your opinion over trade deals means precisely nowt. You voted to leave the EU. What happens next is nothing to do with you and me.

---------- Post added 22-10-2018 at 11:21 ----------

I posted that earlier in this thread. Nobody noticed. Maybe people won't notice rat hair either.

If we had another referendum, it would be overwhelmingly in favour of remain.

I believe if another referendum did take place remain would win but I don't think by an overwhelming large majority. And the majority of people who voted leave in 2016 would feel disenfranchised.

I believe if another referendum did take place remain would win but I don't think by an overwhelming large majority. And the majority of people who voted leave in 2016 would feel disenfranchised.

That is the risk with another referendum, the right wing press are still very much in favour of brexit and they will mobilise enough votes to make it tight enough to ask for a third. Yes, I think alot will be disenfranchised but I'm not sure how going through brexit will help them.

---------- Post added 22-10-2018 at 11:28 ----------

My apologies TFH. I should have taken more care with my read-through.

You weren't the only one. I'd be surprised if I was the first to post a link about what delights await us on our plates after a US trade deal!

Good.

They can have a taste of the “winner takes all” medicine they’ve been dispensing for the last 2 years to the 48%, the 5 million and the rest who couldn’t vote - all of whom, combined, outnumber them about 3 or 4 to 1.

And get a fundamental schooling in democracy in action (“winner takes all is not democracy”) at the same time.

Edited by L00b