The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

It was made very clear to us, by the government of the day, that a vote to Leave the EU was a vote to Leave all of the EU institutions. The single market, the European Court of Justice, freedom of movement etc.

Here are the the few words that the remoaners have no answer for. It is easy to understand, the Government of the day proposed a referendum vote over our EU membership, in or out.

That the present Government of the day wants to alter the terms of our membership is very wrong. Brexit means Brexit, just what the 17.4 million voted for. We did not vote to be partly in or partly out. Or a little bit in this bit or a little bit out of the other bit. The majority voted out, out it must be.

" And remember : they cannot undo the decision we take.

If we vote out, that's it.

It is irreversible.

We will leave Europe - for good."

Where in Camoron's last speech did he propose a watered down version of Brexit, I cannot find it. There was no ambiguity whatever in his words. " If we vote out, that's it. It is irreversible." That is what we voted for.

Angel1

We did not vote to be partly in or partly out. Or a little bit in this bit or a little bit out of the other bit. The majority voted out, out it must be.

Angel1

Are you the leader of the 'Leavers', do you know why they all voted that way?

Here are the the few words that the remoaners have no answer for. It is easy to understand, the Government of the day proposed a referendum vote over our EU membership, in or out.

Non of which was backed up in any official/legally binding literature during the referendum.

The official vote leave campaign specifically said we'd be staying within the EEA. The official government leaflet made no mention of leaving the customs union.

The problem seems to be, as you've shown multiple times, you didn't have a clue what you were voting for. You got duped and voted for an undeliverable fantasy.

Edited by Magilla

That the present Government of the day wants to alter the terms of our membership is very wrong. Brexit means Brexit, just what the 17.4 million voted for. We did not vote to be partly in or partly out. Or a little bit in this bit or a little bit out of the other bit. The majority voted out, out it must be.

It is irreversible.

Where in Camoron's last speech did he propose a watered down version of Brexit, I cannot find it. There was no ambiguity whatever in his words. " If we vote out, that's it. It is irreversible." That is what we voted for.

Angel1

"government of the day" is an important point. The government of the day had an advisory referendum which they indicated they might act on.

But that government was dissolved, and we now have a very different government. Indeed when they went to the electorate campaigning on a hard brexit their majority was reduced.

It is irreversible.

Angel1

What you write is correct. You have every reason to be unhappy, if the UK don't fully leave the EU. The problem is those Tory MPs wishing to make sure the UK completely leave the EU, risk handing power over to Corbyn, which wouldn't be in the national interest.

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 12:12 ----------

Are you the leader of the 'Leavers', do you know why they all voted that way?

Some one who voted to leave obviously wanted the UK to leave the EU. It seems to be remain voters, who still haven't accepted the referendum result who are questioning what leave voters, voted for.

Edited by Lockdoctor

What you write is correct. You have every reason to be unhappy, if the UK don't fully leave the EU. The problem is those Tory MPs wishing to make sure the UK completely leave the EU, risk handing power over to Corbyn, which wouldn't be in the national interest.

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 12:12 ----------

Some one who voted to leave obviously wanted the UK to leave the EU. It seems to be remain voters, who still haven't accepted the referendum result who are questioning what leave voters, voted for.

We can leave the EU without trashing the economy

EEA

One of my local MPs - Andrea Jenkyns Conservative, Morley and Outwood

"In my constituency, 60% voted to leave the EU. Within 48 hours of the Prime Minister’s statement on Friday, I received over 300 emails—disheartened"

I find it difficult to believe that an MP would receive so many emails(Brexit related), from leavers, or her whole constituency.

It doesn't you under what terms they wanted to leave the EU.

One of my local MPs - Andrea Jenkyns Conservative, Morley and Outwood

"In my constituency, 60% voted to leave the EU. Within 48 hours of the Prime Minister’s statement on Friday, I received over 300 emails—disheartened"

I find it difficult to believe that an MP would receive so many emails(Brexit related), from leavers, or her whole constituency.

She seems to forgetting she has a duty to all of her constituents.

Throwing them under the bus in a half-baked never tried before extreme free trade experiment is not part of her duty.

What a complete waste of time.

We end up back where we started, still in the EU in all but name, still cowtowing to their stifling rules and regulations, but a whole lot weaker with the EU laughing at us. I doubt we'll ever hold our heads up again.

Thanks a lot Theresa...