The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Show us the good results of brexit Jeffrey ..you know,the bits where we're all better off?

OK- provided that, as I've previously posted, you understand, a "result" pre-supposes that something has already happened.

And "Brexit" hasn't, as yet- hence no results. At most, a latest score!

OK- provided that, as I've previously posted, you understand, a "result" pre-supposes that something has already happened.

And "Brexit" hasn't, as yet- hence no results. At most, a latest score!

There are forecasts for bad economic news some complete with reasons..where are the equivalent ones for good economic news? For example, how many companies will be setting up here from abroad because of Brexit?

No. Don't be so paranoid. The point is that, as with nightmares, most of one's worst imaginings have precious little relevance to reality.

It's not about worst imaginings, it's about likely outcomes. Discouraging people from considering them means they are less likely to take appropriate actions to limit the impact of brexit on them. I'll point out who have been making appropriate actions though - senior brexit campaigners like Jacob Rees Mogg and John Redwood who've been moving part of their business/advising clients to move money out of the UK.

Do you know what the average time it takes to complete a trade deal,globally? I'll save you a google - it's 8 years. And that's an average. So that's 8 years, on average, of economic uncertainty.

Now if you were a multinational with millions to invest, would you pick a country with all its trade deals locked and sorted or would you invest in a country that isn't?

I don't need to google anything because I have common sense. The UK is an Import nation unlike Germany which is an Export nation. If, I lived in Germany and the democratic people voted to leave the EU, then I would have more concerns than I do now as a person living in the UK whose people democratically decided to leave the EU.

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 17:43 ----------

Russia has rejected the UK’s post-Brexit WTO tariff proposal.

Even no-deal isn’t looking easy

Tragic news

It's not about worst imaginings, it's about likely outcomes. Discouraging people from considering them means they are less likely to take appropriate actions to limit the impact of brexit on them. I'll point out who have been making appropriate actions though - senior brexit campaigners like Jacob Rees Mogg and John Redwood who've been moving part of their business/advising clients to move money out of the UK.

And you know this how?

[/b]

And you know this how?

Maybe you can tell us who is rushing to invest in new factories etc here because of Brexit?

Not many by the looks of it

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/foreign-investment-in-the-uk-has-fallen-92-since-2016-why/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-uk-economy-damage-foreign-direct-investment-report-ey-financial-services-businesss-a8390006.html

Edited by truman

They spend all of their time complaining about the EU gravy train but when it comes to getting their snouts in the trough they are first in the queue!

Maybe they should let Wee Tommy Yaxley-Lennon join UKIP.

They could swap tips about how best to line your pockets! :suspect:

It's highly likely he will join. Batten wants him in.

Why do you think Yaxley-Lennon left court yesterday and went straight to lunch in the House of Lords with Batten and a UKIP supporting peer? Clearly he is being offered some kind of senior role in the party.

Farage doesn't want him in. They are split on it. Farage will worry the wee fella will steal his media thunder.

That's exactly what the kippers need in their ranks, somebody who goes round punching other people :nod:

How long before Our Tommo lamps his first kipper ? :hihi: