The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

After Brexit, the EU wants to phase out all of the rebates that some member states receive - including the UK. The EU has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

The UK currently gets more than a half of its contributions returned through the rebate deal.

If we stay in, or rejoin the EU, we will pay more. Much more. The cost of the UK being an EU member will in fact more than DOUBLE.

I guess that increased EU militarisation and an EU army have to be paid for somehow...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 09:42 ----------

The EU more than DOUBLING the cost of UK membership has seriously damaged the chances of Remain winning any second referendum.

Edited by Car Boot

The UK currently gets more than a half of its contributions returned through the rebate deal.

BoJo the Clown and Sir Nige’ sure kept that quiet before the referendum vote, didn’t they ?

Who’d have thought that a bunch of upper-class twits would behave so dishonestly ?

After Brexit, the EU wants to phase out all of the rebates that some member states receive - including the UK. The EU has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

If we stay in, or rejoin the EU, we will pay more. Much more. The cost of the UK being an EU member will in fact more than DOUBLE.

I guess that increased EU militarisation and an EU army have to be paid for somehow...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 09:42 ----------

The EU more than DOUBLING the cost of UK membership has seriously damaged the chances of Remain winning any second referendum.

Why would we get a rebate after leaving ? :huh:

And if we were staying in, we'd have just veto'd it as usual....

I don't need to google anything because I have common sense. The UK is an Import nation unlike Germany which is an Export nation. If, I lived in Germany and the democratic people voted to leave the EU, then I would have more concerns than I do now as a person living in the UK whose people democratically decided to leave the EU.

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 17:43 ----------

What does your common sense tell you about the cost of imports after the Brexit vote, and the likely cost of imports after March 2019?

You mean it may actually become the £350m a week big fat lie that they put on the side of the big red bus? How ironic. :rolleyes:

Shares are down in the US too, do you think that’s down to brexit too? = https://www.ft.com/content/c9fc7e26-d7c3-11e8-a854-33d6f82e62f8

You can add the Asian markets to that, they've slumped too. :suspect: bloody Brexit :suspect::hihi:

https://www.reuters.com/article/global-markets/global-markets-asian-shares-slump-as-wall-st-erases-all-of-2018-gains-idUSL3N1X46O5

Edited by steve68
Adds a link