The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

we aren't some kind of basket case or third world country. To infer we are going to run out of food & medicine after leaving the EU is project fear at its worst extreme.

It's nothing to do with being a basketcase, it's all to do with the fact that we import it, and don't stockpile huge quantities.

And a no deal exit will result in imports stopping... :thumbsup: Well done brexiteers of course, that's what you wanted. Blue passport, taking back ar sovrinty.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 11:43 ----------

One more "project fear" prediction coming true.

http://www.cityam.com/267128/members-block-uks-bid-fast-track-its-post-brexit-entry-into?fbclid=IwAR0C4jX3iuOSuKZ9xCU5-URu4-7u3xA9d-MNP-mdTs-7Sj7OZ4PKfsfMDJs

To infer we are going to run out of food & medicine after leaving the EU is project fear at its worst extreme.

Where is the inference?

Health authorities have said that this will happen if we have no deal.

All major drug manufacturers have said that this will happen.

A number of regulators both here and abroad have sai that this will happen.

The Department of Health have said that this will happen.

The Government themselves have said that this will happen and have even planned emergency measures to mitigate the effects.

The only people doing the inferring are Brextremists like you, who once again have demonstrated that they know very little about how the real world works.

It's nothing to do with being a basketcase, it's all to do with the fact that we import it, and don't stockpile huge quantities.

And a no deal exit will result in imports stopping... :thumbsup: Well done brexiteers of course, that's what you wanted. Blue passport, taking back ar sovrinty.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 11:43 ----------

One more "project fear" prediction coming true.

http://www.cityam.com/267128/members-block-uks-bid-fast-track-its-post-brexit-entry-into?fbclid=IwAR0C4jX3iuOSuKZ9xCU5-URu4-7u3xA9d-MNP-mdTs-7Sj7OZ4PKfsfMDJs

It's all looking good isn't it?That "£350 million a week" is looking pretty good value...

It's all looking good isn't it?That "£350 million a week" is looking pretty good value...

What doesn't seem to have been discussed yet, is legal and financial responsibility for this mess.

Not only is stockpiling drugs very expensive and inefficient, but shortages of vital medication will lead to further illness, people spending longer in hospital and even death.

Who is going to pay for all that?

It can't come out of the existing overstretched NHS budget so it will either have to come from central government or by further cuts. If the '£350 million a week' is spent firefighting a damaged health service, will leave voters finally admit that they were conned?

And who will take moral or legal responsibility for any deaths that arise out of a no deal Brexit?

we aren't some kind of basket case or third world country.
Takes a while for the tanker to stop, even under full-reverse power.

To infer we are going to run out of food & medicine after leaving the EU is project fear at its worst extreme.
I’m not inferring anything, I’m reading your government’s own warning notices and hearing your own Ministers and civil servants.

If you have an issue with their advice and declarations, I suggest that you take it up with them.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 11:54 ----------

There’s a delicious irony in Brexiteers quoting Cameron’s words that Leave would mean Leave in their rethorical posts, and the fact that Cameron warned against exactly that risk (interference @ WTO) (and many other risks, gradually turning to reality lately) before the referendum :twisted:

In that respect, short memories might want to re-read Mr Cameron’s speech of 09 May 2016.

Edited by L00b
typos & link

I voted to remain and would do again not out of any love or anything like it for the EU but I'm a believer in better the devil you know. But give it a break from the constant whining about how we the UK can't and won't be able to survive without the EU looking after us. The majority of people from both sides who I've listened to just want to get it over with.

Edited by hobinfoot

I voted to remain and would do again not out of any love or anything like it for the EU but I'm a believer in better the devil you know. But give it a break from the constant whining about how we the UK can't and won't be able to survive without the EU looking after us. The majority of people from both sides who I've listened to just want to get it over with.

The argument is nothing to do with the EU ‘looking after us’

It’s not even about some weird concept of survival

It’s about people being able to live their lives without disruption

When you are forced to do something you didn't want, and then that thing changes, in most cases you would ask to be able to change your mind.

If you can't then it isn't a democracy - and this is the world that the leavers want - non-democratic...

It is a short slide downhill to a third-world country.

The argument is nothing to do with the EU ‘looking after us’

It’s not even about some weird concept of survival

It’s about people being able to live their lives without disruption

Disruption is what life will throw at us it's how we deal with it both individually or collectively that matters.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 17:57 ----------

When you are forced to do something you didn't want, and then that thing changes, in most cases you would ask to be able to change your mind.

If you can't then it isn't a democracy - and this is the world that the leavers want - non-democratic...

It is a short slide downhill to a third-world country.

Stop talking rubbish there is no chance of us sliding down any slope towards the third world.

Disruption is what life will throw at us it's how we deal with it both individually or collectively that matters.

we don't seem to be dealing with the possibility it very well, which doesn't really bode well for the actuality should that happen.

Stop talking rubbish there is no chance of us sliding down any slope towards the third world.

are you so sure?