The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I am suggesting the UK Government should honour the referendum result. If a voter didn't want the UK to leave the EU, then they should not have voted to leave the EU.

Maybe people wanted us to leave the EU but not the CU and SM.

It’s an entirely reasonable potistion if you look at Norway.

OUT means OUT . no half measures , no keeping parts of our membership . Leave means out , out of everything. Thats what LEAVE means.

This prime minister is trying to water down our exit, which will cost her big time with her job. Obviously the interfering foreigners in Brussels will refuse this deal of Mays, so we will end up with No Deal , which is the one thing which will deliver the result of the referendum.

It dosnt matter what the politicians want , the only thing that counts is the wishes of the voters .

All you're doing is dictating what you think leave means, not what every leave voter think leave means.

Edited by SnailyBoy

I thought we voted to let the government sort out how we left??

I don't remember anything on the ballot paper detailing the exact scenario that will unfold.

As long as they deliver the result of the referendum , im not bothered how they do it. Im more than happy for them to just walk away and pull up the drawbridge .

OUT means OUT . no half measures , no keeping parts of our membership . Leave means out , out of everything. Thats what LEAVE means.

This prime minister is trying to water down our exit, which will cost her big time with her job. Obviously the interfering foreigners in Brussels will refuse this deal of Mays, so we will end up with No Deal , which is the one thing which will deliver the result of the referendum.

It dosnt matter what the politicians want , the only thing that counts is the wishes of the voters .

Moving to the EEA is out.

We’d no longer be members of the EU.

It would be a full response to the question on the referendum paper.

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 14:43 ----------

As long as they deliver the result of the referendum , im not bothered how they do it. Im more than happy for them to just walk away and pull up the drawbridge .

EEA would be delivering it.

We’d no longer be in the EU.

I am stating a voter who wanted the UK to say in the Single Market and Custom Union would have voted to remain in the EU and not voted to leave the EU.

Nope, according to the ComRes poll (10th July 2016) only 35% of leave voters said they wanted to leave the EU *and* the single market.

There are many leave voters who would be happy to remain within the customs union and single market, and indeed, that is what they voted for.

Maybe people wanted us to leave the EU but not the CU and SM.

It’s an entirely reasonable potistion if you look at Norway.

Most of the people I know who voted for Brexit did so to stop immigration and still don't know what a customs union or single market is. Nor do they want to, as long as immigration is stopped. It may get through eventually when it affects them with a shortage of food, doctors, nurses, higher prices, lower wages or whatever actually affects them personally hits home.

Nope, according to the ComRes poll (10th July 2016) only 35% of leave voters said they wanted to leave the EU *and* the single market.

There are many leave voters who would be happy to remain within the customs union and single market, and indeed, that is what they voted for.

The only poll that has any credibility, is the one carried out on 23rd June 2016. David Cameron said 28 times in one speech that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 15:18 ----------

I think you're over estimating the depth of knowledge of the average UK voter (who ever they vote for)

That is fair comment.