The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

It may be the opposite,

May plans to SLASH TAXES to lowest rate in G20 to make Britain economic POWERHOUSE=

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1022681/brexit-news-theresa-may-uk-eu-latest-no-deal-brexit

That is, of course, precisely why Panasonic moved out of the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45351288

Panasonic's decision was driven by a fear that Japan could start considering the UK a tax haven if it cuts corporate tax rates to attract business, Mr Abadie told the Nikkei Asian Review newspaper.

Seems the Japanese have very strict rules about tax havens, so goodbye to 40 years of Japanese firms and investment in the UK.

Goodbye to a huge chunk of the car industry, goodbye Airbus.

None of this will be any help the the average working person, quite the opposite.

Of course, May hasn't said she's going to slash VAT or income tax, quite the opposite in-fact :rolleyes:

Something tells me the Express didn't mention that? :suspect::hihi:

Edited by Magilla

That is, of course, precisely why Panasonic moved out of the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45351288

The Japanese have very strict rules about tax havens, so it'd mean saying goodbye to 40 years of Japanese firms and investment in the UK pretty much overnight.

Goodbye car industry, goodbye Airbus.

None of this will be any help the the average working person, quite the opposite.

Something tells me the Express didn't mention that? :suspect::hihi:

It’s surprising that none of you mention the second factory Boeing is opening in Sheffield that was announced 2 days ago= https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/exclusive-boeing-plans-second-multi-million-pound-factory-in-sheffield-1-9412737

You remainers are going to end up worrying yourselves into an early grave with all your doom n gloom predictions. :hihi:

It’s surprising that none of you mention the second factory Boeing is opening in Sheffield that was announced 2 days ago= https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/exclusive-boeing-plans-second-multi-million-pound-factory-in-sheffield-1-9412737

114,000 jobs in the UK rely on Airbus, well over a million on Japanese firms, and 2 million who's jobs rely on EU investment.

Boeings investment is great and all that, but in the great scheme of things it's peanuts.

What are the other 1,113,943 poeple going to do?

You remainers are going to end up worrying yourselves into an early grave with all your doom n gloom predictions. :hihi:

Better ignore reality and live in a fantasy. I've got some unicorn eggs for sale ... :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

I am delighted that Boeing is to expand its Sheffield operation.It helps to create an area of advanced technology together with Rolls Royce,Maclaren,and of course in conjunction with Sheffield University.

However 50 or so jobs,of which around half are apprentices is not a major manufacturing plant or a major employer.

I would like to see such developments on top of our car producers,financial services,transport and shipping,and all the other employers who will be adversely affected by Brexit.

Boeing have certainly not established this operation because of Brexit.

I am delighted that Boeing is to expand its Sheffield operation.It helps to create an area of advanced technology together with Rolls Royce,Maclaren,and of course in conjunction with Sheffield University.

However 50 or so jobs,of which around half are apprentices is not a major manufacturing plant or a major employer.

I would like to see such developments on top of our car producers,financial services,transport and shipping,and all the other employers who will be adversely affected by Brexit.

Boeing have certainly not established this operation because of Brexit.

My bold=

They haven’t cancelled the operation because of brexit either...

---------- Post added 29-10-2018 at 01:28 ----------

114,000 jobs in the UK rely on Airbus, well over a million on Japanese firms, and 2 million who's jobs rely on EU investment.

Boeings investment is great and all that, but in the great scheme of things it's peanuts.

What are the other 1,113,943 poeple going to do?

Better ignore reality and live in a fantasy. I've got some unicorn eggs for sale ... :hihi:

My bold=

Have you got any poopsie unicorn slime instead of the eggs. :hihi:

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/fashion-and-dolls/poopsie-surprise/poopsie-unicorn-slime-surprise-pink-rainbow/p/165627?gclid=CjwKCAjwvNXeBRAjEiwAjqYhFl1KUG90uanIMHm_8As2zTpCK_Xq7T4Z7RB5vzGVdb27ozna47cCTRoCFWEQAvD_BwE

Edited by mafya

They haven't cancelled it, but then it doesn't supply parts into the EU and so is unlikely to be affected.

Airbus on the other hand have warned that they might have to shift production to Europe if I remember correctly, because they do supply parts and expertise into the EU.

They haven't cancelled it, but then it doesn't supply parts into the EU and so is unlikely to be affected.

Airbus on the other hand have warned that they might have to shift production to Europe if I remember correctly, because they do supply parts and expertise into the EU.

Boeing wouldn’t cancel their new factory, when the term effect of Brexit’s underlying neoliberalist purpose is to nuke production costs in the U.K. on the back of undoing socially-progressive employment conditions.

The fact that this undoing will be at the expense of the U.K. working population, including the Brexit-pushing working+middle class Tories, is the ironic bit.

Speaking of aerospace, GKN Aerospace moved their European Aerospace HQ to Holland about a year ago, with staff relocations. One amongst so many more, which you won’t hear or read about in the press/news, because in corporate circles, no PR is better than bad PR.

Edited by L00b

You seem obsessed with what David Cameron said!

At the end of the day it was just one bloke's opinion.

At the end of the day just one woman has pledged to implement what David Cameron said. They are even bringing out a new 50 pence coin to commemorate the UK leaving the EU.